Sign in to follow this  
macsurf

Move select points to perpendicular line

macsurf    3

I want to move selected points in that way to create side line perpendicular to bottom base line ? Is there any solution to resolve this problem automatically ?

Of course I did it manually move all selected points  from each vertical lines and move them to the right place. I tried also rotate but it wasn`t too accuracy for me. So only manually moving of points gave me appropriate accuracy using snap tool also.

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 2.33.09 PM.jpg

Cerbera    1,254

Any reason why you couldn't select one row of points on the right, and zero scale them on Z, before repeating for the set next to it ?

CBR

macsurf    3
  • Topic Author
  • 50 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Any reason why you couldn't select one row of points on the right, and zero scale them on Z, before repeating for the set next to it ?

CBR

This is no problem but I want to move also adjacent points not only edges points then it would too easy  :) If I didn`t move adjacent points then model will not looks good in sub-d surface. Maybe is there any plugin ?

And in your proposition I have to select each vertical lines separately and the set 0 in Z size. This is only 3 lines but if I have much more then will be a small problem :)

Cerbera    1,254
    1 hour ago, macsurf said:

And in your proposition I have to select each vertical lines separately and the set 0 in Z size. This is only 3 lines but if I have much more then will be a small problem :)

Yes, but I am only working with what you have :) The ideal solution would have been to do the zero scale before you added any thickness, so you only would have to do it to one loop of points...

In the case of many edges like this, the question is not so much 'how do we make them all planar' but rather 'why hasn't the base geometry been correctly aligned before all the other edges were added ?' When that is the case it is often easier to go back and remove all intermediate loops than it is to try and apply the same correction to the ones you have. It's a good example of why forward planning in modelling is so important.

But I don't disagree -  I'm sure we could all do with a 'make planar on X / Y / Z / average normal' button.

CBR

• Like 2