Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

frankm

Message Signature

frankm    9

Hi

Some people appear to have signatures at the end of their messages - I'm probably missing something really obvious here, but I can't find anywhere to add this as a default.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!
-f

3DKiwi    304

On your name / avatar at the top right click on "account settings". There you find the signature settings. 

frankm    9

Sorry, dude, I think I'm being really dense here...

I'd already gone through all the account settings and I couldn't find it.  I thought it might have been under the 'Edit Profile' section, but if it was then I missed it.  I've just been through again and I still can't find it!

Could I be a total pain and ask you to hand-hold me all the way to the right section (as one might with a wayward toddler struggling to find their teddy, or a particularly moronic drunk trying to put their key in the lock the wrong way around).

There's no chance my browser is playing silly buggers with the site is there?  I'm currently on an up to date Chrome.

VECTOR    334
17 minutes ago, frankm said:

Sorry, dude, I think I'm being really dense here...

I'd already gone through all the account settings and I couldn't find it.  I thought it might have been under the 'Edit Profile' section, but if it was then I missed it.  I've just been through again and I still can't find it!

Could I be a total pain and ask you to hand-hold me all the way to the right section (as one might with a wayward toddler struggling to find their teddy, or a particularly moronic drunk trying to put their key in the lock the wrong way around).

There's no chance my browser is playing silly buggers with the site is there?  I'm currently on an up to date Chrome.

click account settings and signature is on the bottom of that little menu on the left hand side 

ABMotion    20

Just to chime in here @frankm. I'm new to this forum and when I go to the location mentioned above, it's missing for me too.

9 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

click account settings and signature is on the bottom of that little menu on the left hand side 

Where your screenshot says Signature, mine says Display Name, not Signature, so maybe there is some other criteria for that option for some members.

• Like 1

VECTOR    334

Odd, i'll find out about this and get back to you 

1 minute ago, ABMotion said:

Just to chime in here @frankm. I'm new to this forum and when I go to the location mentioned above, it's missing for me too.

Where your screenshot says Signature, mine says Display Name, not Signature, so maybe there is some other criteria for that option for some members.

frankm    9

Ahh - thank goodness for that, I thought I was being a proper dolt.

Mine is the same as ABMotion, with 'Display Name' instead of 'Signature'.

Cheers for looking into it (obviously, it's not the end of the world if it can't be sorted - if it's even remotely any kind of hassle don't worry about it on my account!).

-f

3DKiwi    304

My guess is signatures have been disabled. The signatures you see are from long standing members.

frankm    9

I did wonder if it might have been from when the site got overhauled. Oh well, not to worry! 

Cheers for looking into it, all!

-f

------------------------------------

Didn't want a flippin'

signature anyway <sob>

------------------------------------

VECTOR    334

Ha! just to get back to you regarding this. signatures are turned off for new members, mainly to help make it more difficult for any new members just making accounts then trying to advertise for free etc. the option should become available to you once you become a regular member :)

• Like 1

frankm    9

heh.  timed to perfection!  

Cheers everyone  ;)