CApruzzese

My 2 latest film in a festival

CApruzzese    71

The 14th Another Hole in the Head film festival will be held in San Fransisco October 25th - November 8. My two recent films, Staley Fleming's Hallucination and The Oval Portrait will be shown, but so far no times have been published. If you are in the San Fran area... please go and gush over my work and make sure everyone sees you!

Dates and places for the shows!  Click to see where and when.

Staley Fleming's Hallucination

The Oval Portrait

If you know anyone who can go, or if you can - please consider it and be sure to tell everyone how amazing my films are and how they changed your life forever. Or just clap real loud.

:)

• Like 1

CApruzzese    71
  • Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, bobc4d said:

how very amazing, best of luck on the viewings.  

It is amazing, my 3 lovecraft films were shown by the same festival previously. I have no idea how they found my work but apparently, they like it! I need to think about trying for other festivals I think. I had long given up on that! 

• Like 1

ingvarai    8

Great work! I love "The oval portrait", everything is consistent, colors, light, movements, the mood, the total setting, all together, great! 

-Ingvar

CApruzzese    71
  • Topic Author
  • It is strange, oval portrait seems to be the more liked one and its the one i feel i “cheated” the most in by reusing some things and avoiding some more complicated setups because i only had 2 moths to do it in. I did Start it with a much stronger sense of what i wanted to do, a clearer vision i guess. 

ingvarai    8
    9 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

It is strange, oval portrait seems to be the more liked one and its the one i feel i “cheated” the most in by reusing some things and avoiding some more complicated setups because i only had 2 moths to do it in. I did Start it with a much stronger sense of what i wanted to do, a clearer vision i guess. 

It is what moves the audience, that counts. When watching it, I tried to switch off my C4D and multi media knowledge totally. You can spend days, perfecting 4 seconds of animation. And your audience won't notice it, not lift an eyebrow. Instead they will appreciate and remember some silly detail you, yourself, didn't pay much attention to at all.

-Ingvar

CApruzzese    71
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, ingvarai said:

It is what moves the audience, that counts. When watching it, I tried to switch off my C4D and multi media knowledge totally. You can spend days, perfecting 4 seconds of animation. And your audience won't notice it, not lift an eyebrow. Instead they will appreciate and remember some silly detail you, yourself, didn't pay much attention to at all.

-Ingvar

This is so true... the opening shot of the abandoned  manor in Oval portrait took weeks to complete, and in the end I added snow and toning effects that basically hide most of the details, I don't think anyone will even notice the man is in front with a lamp near the door - he is just too small compared to the building. I do thinks doing that works adds at least subconsciously to the experience. 

VECTOR    466

I have to commend you on your consistency with making and finishing these shorts. it's an achievement in it's self just to be able to put together the final article, and having it recognised and shown at a festival is the icing on the cake. just shows that the hard work and dedication really can pay off :)

CApruzzese    71
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, VECTOR said:

I have to commend you on your consistency with making and finishing these shorts. it's an achievement in it's self just to be able to put together the final article, and having it recognised and shown at a festival is the icing on the cake. just shows that the hard work and dedication really can pay off :)

Hey buddy!  I can't rest until i have finished something. It haunts me day and night. My next project is going really slowly but it may interest you as it's very cartoon-like. I have spent that last couple weeks working on the character and it's nowhere near designed yet. I am hoping for something really funny and weird. 

VECTOR    466
    1 hour ago, CApruzzese said:

Hey buddy!  I can't rest until i have finished something. It haunts me day and night. My next project is going really slowly but it may interest you as it's very cartoon-like. I have spent that last couple weeks working on the character and it's nowhere near designed yet. I am hoping for something really funny and weird. 

ah nice, i look forward to seeing it :D

Congrats on the Festival showings.

I really like the aesthetic and the dark atmosphere you manage to create in your short films, the Cool Air short on your vimeo channel is another good one in the same style.

Thanks for sharing.