Sign in to follow this  
digitvisions

Animation project

Hi, this is a revival of a personal project I did ten years ago in 2d pencil test animations. Still haven’t decided on the exact style I am going to use. I did a few tests in S&T but Render time is too long. I will probably be using 2d textures to get the cartoony feel.  I am still working on the character and props at the moment.

cartoon car animation _3 copy.jpg

cartoon car animation _4 copy.jpg

cartoon car animation _5 copy.jpg

cartoon car animation _6 copy.jpg

cartoon car animation _7 copy.jpg

• Topic Author
  • WIP-I have created some more props.

hat&goggles.jpg

hat&goggles_2.jpg

• Topic Author
  • I have made a start on the character's head and improved the goggles and hat.

hat&goggles_4.jpg

hat&goggles_5.jpg

hat&goggles_character_1.jpg

Those area great.  Ten years!!  That's funny because I have been toying with a project for the past three years.  It seems like when I start I get some things done and either get stuck, or life gets in the way.  Then I go back to it armed with new things I learned, get farter, then get stuck or life happens again. 

Good luck!

Mark

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, lopakam said:

Those area great.  Ten years!!  That's funny because I have been toying with a project for the past three years.  It seems like when I start I get some things done and either get stuck, or life gets in the way.  Then I go back to it armed with new things I learned, get farter, then get stuck or life happens again. 

Yep, The same with me , I have a few projects that I have started and then run out of ideas and then I see something that inspires me to continue.

• Topic Author
  • I have nearly finished with the characters head modelling.

hat&gogoles_character_3.jpg

Heh - I like the cut of this fella's jib!

Car looks cool too.  Is there any way of embedding the mouth into the model a bit more?  The rest of it is really nice, but the mouth seems a bit pasted on.  Might there be a way of using the grill as teeth or something?

What are your plans with these guys? Enquiring minds and all that...  ;)

• Topic Author
  • Hi  thanks , Regarding the car mouth this was just experimental , it's a texture map, I also was thinking of using the rad' to physically create the mouth. The original script did not have the car as a character it's just another option.

This is a short 20 second clip I have made in 2D pencil test as an assignment long time ago on my BA Animation curse.

• Topic Author
  • The character is still in symmetry mode more work will be needed once welding was done.

hat&gogoles_character_5.jpg

hat&gogoles_character_6.jpg

hat&gogoles_character_7.jpg

I think it could look quite good if you modelled the mouth into the grill at the front :D

• Topic Author
  • Yes, I think that will be the way to go about it, just that i am not sure if I will be able to incorporate it in the animation

2 minutes ago, digitvisions said:

Yes, i think that will be the way to go about it, just that i am not sure if i will be able to incoperate it in the animations.

i think it would add another dimension to the model, just that extra attention to detail makes worlds of difference, even if it's only very basic movements :D