Rendercore Lab

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, VECTOR said:

i think it would add another dimension to the model, just that extra attention to detail makes worlds of difference, even if it's only very basic movements :D 

23 hours ago, frankm said:

Car looks cool too.  Is there any way of embedding the mouth into the model a bit more?  The rest of it is really nice, but the mouth seems a bit pasted on.  Might there be a way of using the grill as teeth or something?

I have changed the textured mouth to a modelled mouth,as suggested by frankm and VECTOR.

cartoon car animation _11.jpg

• Like 1

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • Hi, It's rigging time. I have started on the character rig using at the moment the c4d character object. For the face rig i am hoping to use a morph tag setup.

cartoon car animation _12.jpg

everfresh    174

nice :) since you're doing a cartoon i would stay away from dynamics for the car though... you probably want the animation to be snappy - so not physically accurate by any means...

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • 20 minutes ago, everfresh said:

nice :) since you're doing a cartoon i would stay away from dynamics for the car though... you probably want the animation to be snappy - so not physically accurate by any means...

Thanks everfresh, yes I do agree the animations has to be mainly pose to pose animations the traditional way but this was an idea for the aerial shoot at the begging of the animations , and a project based learning of something I don't usually use.

Rectro    536
    On 28/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, digitvisions said:

Hi, It's rigging time. I have started on the character rig using at the moment the c4d character object. For the face rig i am hoping to use a morph tag setup.

cartoon car animation _12.jpg

Cool project. 

I am a little perplexed, how come you managed to get so many bones in the legs and arms, there is no settings for the character tool?

Dan

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • 55 minutes ago, Rectro said:

I am a little perplexed, how come you managed to get so many bones in the legs and arms, there is no settings for the character tool?

Hi, I have used the character object, the reason there are more bones is ; that when you get to the stage in the character builder were you have a choice for the limbs I chose Ik/FK bendy. These extra joints give you the option to bend the limbs or use the Ik/Fk.

here is an example of the basics :https://vimeo.com/145115462

Rectro    536

Thanks, Never used bendy ones before, so  that makes sence, nice video as it explains how its made.

Dan

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • Hi, I have finally got closer the style and colours that I wanted for my landscape and backgrounds. My inspiration came from the work of the British landscape artists; Anna Dillon and Jo March.

environment_2 copy.jpg

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • Hi, after experimenting with the advance character rig I have decided its not going to suit my character needs. I have now re rigged my character with everfresh cartoon rig, I know the rig suppose to be Work In Progress but so far it proves to work well. I haven’t hooked the facial rig yet just doing the weighting at the moment.

rigged character_3 (everfresh) (1).jpg

rigged character_4 (everfresh) (1).jpg

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • I have rigged the character's face with morph targets connected via Xpresso to a UI face slider controls I have made. Here are some tests of facial expressions

UI_Morphs_Target_rig.jpg

my face rig.hardware0004.jpg

my face rig0003.jpg

digitvisions    59
  • Topic Author
  • pelican_2.jpg

Hi, As you can see VECTOR kindly allowed Steven The Seagull to be acting in one of my scenes, he will be acting as a pelican for the day. Thanks VECTOR.:signthankspin: