Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIgor

Music Box Help Please... :D

• Topic Author
  • Hi :D Ok so Working on a personal project and I am having some trouble that is a lot more easy to explain in a short 3 min video. If you have the time and patience please watch the video and maybe you know how I can solve this... THX a lot :D 

Cool way to ask a question.

Some ideas that pop to mind, use some fake hidden geometry, like a cube, with a collider body tag, to place under the whole setup, so the cube with the connector connector can't fall down after it is triggered. And since it is bouncing back to that cube, you might get some extra free vibration.

To add a little to @westbam suggestion, to get more realistic secondary motion, you could add more geometry/subdivide your forks (cubes) and/or add cloth dynamics or something similar/Jiggle Deformer and get secondary movement after they are hit so that they have more realistic "spring".

At the moment they appear to be cubes and in real life, objects like that would be made of thin metal and they would have some flexibility rather than rigid as you have them set.

Without trying to re-create your idea my first thoughts are...

Don't use a cubes. Use a subdivided plane with cloth added for thickness because...

You might want to try soft body dynamics with selection/vertex weight so only the middle to end of the prong bends.

As suggested previously, use jiggle deformer for vibration.

This may take a lot of messing around with settings but I think it's do-able.

something like this?

(in video aren´t visible fadeout vibrations of every stripe ´cos of screencapture software comprimation)

music_player.mp4

4 hours ago, bezo said:

something like this?

(in video aren´t visible fadeout vibrations of every stripe ´cos of screencapture software comprimation)

music_player.mp4

Looks right. Which technique did you use?

What about a collision driven bend deformer. In this file I used a monoflop and rangemapper to give the vibration

music.c4d

mboxscene.thumb.gif.f94a1820cb6b096a9dc4c54481b7bea3.gif

19 hours ago, Visionlux said:

Looks right. Which technique did you use?

xpresso for detecting collisions and Cmotion for driving vibrations thru bend intensity...

• Topic Author
  • On 10/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, bezo said:

something like this?

music_player.mp4

YES, that is what I want to make. Can you link a tutorial for this maybe? Xpresso is not my strong side to say the least... I have no idea how to use it. 

• Topic Author
  • On 10/21/2017 at 4:23 PM, jed said:

What about a collision driven bend deformer. In this file I used a monoflop and rangemapper to give the vibration

music.c4d

mboxscene.thumb.gif.f94a1820cb6b096a9dc4c54481b7bea3.gif

This also Looks very very EPIC, How did you do it again? Could you maybe explain step by step in as much detail as possible... please? :D 

Here is my scene, but Jed´s example is far-far better...

(it was only quick  realised idea :) )

music_player.zip

• Topic Author
  • 25 minutes ago, bezo said:

Here is my scene, but Jed´s example is far-far better...

(it was only quick  realised idea :) )

music_player.zip

THX a lot dude, I am trying to understand how you did it but I am having some problems, the bending parts are not reacting to the extrusions for some reason... :P As you said Jed's animations looks great, but so does yours... I will wait to see what he says about how he did it...