DrDisco

Animating eyes in one object?

Hey there,

i've got this character thats in a mocap data and i am trying to make eyes animated. Since its all in one object,  I've tried it with pose morph tag, but it only works with one slider (pic 1), when i try to combine the sliders for example "look down" and  "look left" sliders, its results in a weird shape ( as seen on pic 2).

My question is:

Is there any way to make the eyes look the way i want? (Make them target some object etc.):306:

Thanks for any help! 

1 slider.jpg

2 sliderz.jpg

Hi

Your eyes dont seem to be a sphere to fill the sphere like eye lids, is that intentional?

Here is a video I made a while back to help another member.  I wont leave the link up as its not a polished tutorial, but has all you need in it.

eye rig.rar

• Topic Author
  • Hi, thanks for reply

The eyes are not supposted to fill the eyelids , since the shots are not closeups, so its not going to be visible. But if you knew the way to do it, it would be a nice bonus :) Also your video is not available :(

32 minutes ago, DrDisco said:

Hi, thanks for reply

The eyes are not supposted to fill the eyelids , since the shots are not closeups, so its not going to be visible. 

I post ahead of the video processed on Youtube.  This video was a request of someone else, its a more proper way to do it, but if its a one off animation where your not going to use the rig again and hardly at all during animation then just a simple pose morph based on PSR based, just make sure the pivot of each eye is in the correct location.  The eyes must be seperate from the head.  If you wish to keep the eyes as part of the geometry then use Point based Morphs and rotate them individually.

Fitting the eyes to socket is a simple process of a sphere for each eye at the correct scale and modeling the eye socket around it close.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Ok i've figured out what's happening.

Since the morph tag is in point mode ( because i got the eyelids and mouth positions in there too) the rotation does not work, because telling it the end position by rotating the eye makes the points go in linear way, which results in a weird scaling while morphing. I have to make the eyes part of the geometry, so i got another question:

Is it possible to have two morph tags on one object? I've tried to add PSR morph on the eyes, but it does not seem to respond to whatever i try to do.

Im sorry for these noob questions :(

PS: the video you posted still does not work for me, YT tells me that the video is a copy of previously uploaded video ( not really sure what to think about it)

You can have many on one object but you need to choose the right options if more than one morph is making changes to the same verts.  PSR will only take the whole object into account hence Position, Scale, Rotation, separate eyes, and head.  Point mode works for multiple morphs. 

I would just have the eyes seperate, and use PSR, or follow the video which now works.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Cool! Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate it :)