Gregor

Effectors for a cloned Cloner

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to solve this for days now, but I can't really wrap my head around it.

I want to use Effectors on a Cloner that is cloned by another Cloner, but I can't get it to work right. 

The setup is simple. I put a cube in a linear Cloner to build sort of a line, and put it in another Cloner

to offset it in Y and Z. Also I used a Formula Effector to Z-Offset only every other Clone.

Now I'm stuck, because I want to effect all of the clones simultaneously. When I apply a Random Effector for example, it'll

work only for the first OR the second cloner. Not for both at the same time. I thought about putting both Cloner Objects 

in a Fracture Object, but I couldn't get that to work either.

Is there a workaround for this, where I don't have to make my Cloner Objects editable? That's the only way it worked so far...

Thank you guys a lot in advance!

Best,

Gregor 

• Topic Author
  • Hey Westbam,

you can find a copy of my rig attached.

See, how the Shader Effector only effects the top Cloner, but not all of the Clones individually.

That's what I'm trying to do - effect all Clones individually...

Thanks you for your reply!!

Best,

Gregor 

Cubes.c4d

I'm a little confused as to whether you want to add a Random Effector to all Cloners after the Shader & Formula Effectors only on the top Cloner you currently have.

The setup I've done is so that the Formula & Shader Effectors affect both Cloners. You can add a Random Effector to this and/or only add the Random Effector to the Fracture where I have put the Shader & Formula Effectors.

To resolve your file, place your Cubes Null under a Fracture . Add the Effector/s to the Fracture Object and choose Explode Segments (under the Object tab). Remove the Effectors from the Cloner Object (unless you want to add a Random Effector to all and leave the Shader & Formula Effectors on the top Cloner).

Combined_Cloners.thumb.png.d00b171a52c4572b7f74d940b9508ca3.png

• Like 1