Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGIHercules

Strange dots ?

• Topic Author
  • I have seen these once even in my own project and I don't know IF and HOW I created them but they are somehow linked to the object and if deleted the whole object is deleted.

Now I use stuff downloaded from the internet so I see them again. You can see them, this time 2 of them. And when selected seems to me that they are attached to different parts of the object. Anyone has any idea what they are ?

Thank you

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

They look similar to global illumination firefly’s - not exactly but close.    Check your render settings and turn GI off to see if they return

Dave

Those are nulls (set to be displayed as "dots").

Set them to "none" in the Attribute Manager if you don't want to see them in the viewport. Or simply uncheck "Null" in your viewport filter.

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, C4DS said:

Those are nulls (set to be displayed as "dots").

Set them to "none" in the Attribute Manager if you don't want to see them in the viewport. Or simply uncheck "Null" in your viewport filter.

Wow...true ! I didn't even know NULLS have any sort of visual representation in Viewport until now. This was bugging me for a while now. Thank you man I though it's so lost polys but when I deleted them the whole thing would of course be deleted. Now I know why :)

Do yourself a favour. Add a null to a blank scene, set its display mode to none, then in the menu do 'set as default' and save the scene as new.c4d in your main R18 root folder. Then you will never see, or have to turn off those dots ever again ;)

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 46 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Do yourself a favour. Add a null to a blank scene, set its display mode to none, then in the menu do 'set as default' and save the scene as new.c4d in your main R18 root folder. Then you will never see, or have to turn off those dots ever again ;)

CBR

Will do right away sir :) "Set as default" in which menu exactly ? Thank you.

Edit menu, top of null attributes.

Hey Guys,

I too have had this issue, however when I set my null display to none, every new object still displays with a dot.  Am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, Petche said:

Am I missing something?

Yes - the rest of my instructions (see above) ! :)

CBR

Thanks, 

I did everything from the object display set to none and saved my new default file as new in my r18 folder. All my settings are there when I open a new file expect those dots still show up with every new null. Thanks for your help on this Cerbera!

48 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

then in the menu do 'set as default'

Did you do this bit ?

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @Cerbera

@Petche Hey it worked for me. Just set it up here...

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.41.26 AM.png