Sign in to follow this  
Seano

ProRender plugin error stops team render

Console gave me this error when I tried to send a job through that does not have any ProRender profiles. 

(Error) Render-Job failed: Several plugins used in this project are missing. Saving may cause loss of plugin data! Plugin 'ProRender' (ID 1037639)

There are no other plugins missing, and the other machine is up-to-date, and ProRender does work on it when editing (though it did have a 'no openCL' issue until the Nvidia driver was updated).  After a lot of trial and error, I found that deleting all of the render profiles was the only way to stop this.  That and being sure that your cameras including the default camera have NOT been 'ProRender enabled', even if ProRender is not the profile in use.

R17 keeps complaining about the ProRender plugin being missing, and again, the only way I could get rid of the error message was to delete all render profiles.

I really think ProRender should not be marked as 'a plugin in use' unless there is a ProRender render profile.  Even the fact that the default camera or another camera has been set to 'ProRender enabled' and then had the render profile changed really should not cause Team Render and releases before R19 to error out as if one is actively using ProRender.

Otherwise, still need to give ProRender a try, when I get some new graphics cards.