Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mdouglas

Sparkly plastic material?

• Topic Author
  • Hi there, I need to re-create the orange material seen in the attached photo. Any ideas about the best way to achieve this? It's a plastic with what seems like sparkles on its surface. Ideally I'd like to also achieve the stippled look in the specular highlights. Thanks very much!! Cheers.

C4D texture question.jpg

make a layer shader in the bump channel where you stack 2 or 3 noises to get the noise pattern that matches the reference sparkles.  in your reflectance channel, create base reflection and on top of that a coating reflection layer. copy the layer shader from the bump channel and paste that into the layer mask channel of your coating reflection layer. that should give you roughly what you are looking for. you'll have to play around with the opacity of your reflection layers, fresnel strength, roughness and so on to match the reference. 

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, everfresh said:

make a layer shader in the bump channel where you stack 2 or 3 noises to get the noise pattern that matches the reference sparkles.  in your reflectance channel, create base reflection and on top of that a coating reflection layer. copy the layer shader from the bump channel and paste that into the layer mask channel of your coating reflection layer. that should give you roughly what you are looking for. you'll have to play around with the opacity of your reflection layers, fresnel strength, roughness and so on to match the reference. 

Thanks @everfresh - I'll give that a try.