3D-Pangel

Black Friday 2017 - Post your deals here

MJohnny    35

Grant offers great discount on his courses: masteringcgi.com.au

In case someone hasn't seen them yet.

• Like 1

bezo    422

I was bought C4D 2 Substance Painter tutorial and code works for me.

On 11/22/2017 at 2:28 AM, Zmotive said:

This was the other one I was hoping for. Nice. Very nice. Trapcode V14 upgrade shall be mine.

Yeah was waiting for that as well. Full price was a bit much even for the upgrade. tbh I'm debating whether even to upgrade now that I have X-Particles.

Zmotive    57
16 hours ago, King of Snake said:

Yeah was waiting for that as well. Full price was a bit much even for the upgrade. tbh I'm debating whether even to upgrade now that I have X-Particles.

True, although depends on whether you have to work in AE as a platform for a given job. But even there I am still kicking around the idea that Trapcode as a suite is more or less growing stagnant at this point / reaching its limits... and that the new Stardust plugin is perhaps a more valuable tool to invest time and money into going forward. No Sales there however beyond the ongoing "early adopter" discount they've had since summer.

Greatszalam    77
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, Zmotive said:

But even there I am still kicking around the idea that Trapcode as a suite is more or less growing stagnant at this point / reaching its limits...

Really? Red Giant just released a huge update that added GPU acceleration to Particular as well as a massive overhaul of the whole plugin. You can now do all kinds of crazy nested systems all in one environment.

Zmotive    57
11 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

Really? Red Giant just released a huge update that added GPU acceleration to Particular as well as a massive overhaul of the whole plugin. You can now do all kinds of crazy nested systems all in one environment.

You and I have a different definition of "huge update" I think. What Insydium is doing with X-Particles 4 is "huge." What SideFX does with Houdini from release to release is "huge." They are truly innovating / adding a lot of brand new functionality as well as improving what's there.

Most of what Red Giant has done with this latest Particular update — not that it isn't all good stuff, it is — is more or less refining what's already there. It's important on one level but on another level — given the amount of time that passes between major updates per plugin in that suite — fairly modest too. That said not sure how many people actively develop on that suite — maybe still just one guy?? If so then my comment is less fair. Not sure if Red Giant is still just sales and support, as it were.

Bottom line: not saying it's not worth owning — it is — but I am saying if you look at the suite over a period of time, the pace of innovation tends to be pretty slow. Some of that is just how long it's been around but a lot of what's in that suite, is nearly the same as it was a few years ago. I suspect that they and MAXON have a similar development philosophy: slow and methodical. Nothing wrong with that but technology moves on as they say.

Greatszalam    77

I think you're missing what they've done to it. The builder isn't what it used to be. You can have a large number of emitters with completely separate properties. And you can have whole systems nested in each other with options that cascade through the systems. It's a pretty major change.

Zmotive    57

Yeah I understand that's a useful thing. Wasn't trying to diminish any one feature per se. Not a big deal. I like Trapcode's stuff in general, own it, use it. Just my "big picture" perception of things.

luchifer    34

I was caught between moving to a new place with my family so I lost all the discounts... I just bought xparticles today because this week I was able to install my PC