3D-Pangel

Black Friday 2017 - Post your deals here

Rectro    632
2 hours ago, nerv said:

I’m kind of sad I missed out on that 50% off RealFlow deal. As much as I love X-Particles, it still doesn’t come close to RealFlow when it comes to fluids. 

I did - however - get an email today from next limit saying they have a holiday sale. 30% off everything. Not as good as 50% but still tempting. 

Yea I was very tempted on that offer, but I dont buy on impulse, I normaly sit on a purchase for a while to see if I realy need somthing, or just want it, and it came to me that I was facinated it the idea over the need, so am waiting for what I do need, After Effects CS6 , and Mari on a decent sale.

Dan

nerv    319
44 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Yea I was very tempted on that offer, but I dont buy on impulse, I normaly sit on a purchase for a while to see if I realy need somthing, or just want it, and it came to me that I was facinated it the idea over the need, so am waiting for what I do need, After Effects CS6 , and Mari on a decent sale.

Dan

Yeah, I normally am pretty good at impulse control.  I have, however, been doing a number of fluid-based animations for a couple of clients and, though they have been happy with what I delivered using XP, I feel like RealFlow would've gotten even better results - and it would've been faster to iterate.  

I could always just go with Houdini Indie for that, but... ughhhh. Such a drag. 

Rectro    632
9 minutes ago, nerv said:

Yeah, I normally am pretty good at impulse control.  I have, however, been doing a number of fluid-based animations for a couple of clients and, though they have been happy with what I delivered using XP, I feel like RealFlow would've gotten even better results - and it would've been faster to iterate.  

I could always just go with Houdini Indie for that, but... ughhhh. Such a drag. 

Yea for fluids cant go wrong with Realflow, tried, tested and works as it should.  I was going to get XP but evey question I ask never got a answer back either directly, or indirectly via a practical in use demo.  Iv learnt from the past that on paper, or in theory dont always equate to production ready until I can see a production demo.

Dan

nerv    319
51 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Yea for fluids cant go wrong with Realflow, tried, tested and works as it should.  I was going to get XP but evey question I ask never got a answer back either directly, or indirectly via a practical in use demo.  Iv learnt from the past that on paper, or in theory dont always equate to production ready until I can see a production demo.

Dan

I think XP is production-ready when it comes to particle-based motion graphics and things of that nature.  When it comes to real-world simulations, like fluids or smoke/fire, it's still trailing behind the dedicated tools, like RealFlow and TurbulenceFD.  

I mean - I've used XP fluids in a couple of commercial projects, but they've been basic / small-scale ones, where I've been able to get away with some quick and dirty sims.  Anything beyond that, it simply wouldn't have worked.