Jump to content

Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 



Fares

Make a more realistic exterior rendering

Recommended Posts

Fares    1

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make such a renderings.

I tried to make similar quality, but something is still missing... anyone knows how can I reach that quality?

I attached my rendering(the white house) VS the other company's rendering (brick house).

please let me know if you have any hint...

Thanks.

Company work (5).jpg

my work (4).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cerbera    1,205

There's not a great deal of difference between the 2, but I think his is winning in this case mainly because his house looks more detailed thanks to the brickwork, whereas your is mainly just a white texture, with not much hint as to what that might be made of. I have never seen a wall as clean as that in the real world, and because that fills so much of your image it is detracting from the realism. The grey bricks beneath it look very nice, as does your glass and shadows.

 

Or you might be talking about the somewhat more ephemeral quality difference between physical and 3rd party renderers - a lot of people will tell you that 3rd party renderers can do a better job here. But I have seen amazing architectural stuff done natively too, so I know it is possible.

 

It'll be interesting to hear what everyone else says..

 

CBR

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fares    1
  • Topic Author
  • You are totally right, and I really appreciate your points. But I need to show you more examples in order maybe to get the picture cleared for everyone.

    I'll attach two more images (my work VS the other company), hopefully we can find how to get there... I'm trying for about 6 months now... But there's always something missing...

    The two images (man can directly tell which one is more realistic...)

     

    Company work (3).jpg

    my work (6).jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    VECTOR    380
    13 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

    There's not a great deal of difference between the 2, but I think his is winning in this case mainly because his house looks more detailed thanks to the brickwork, whereas your is mainly just a white texture, with not much hint as to what that might be made of. I have never seen a wall as clean as that in the real world, and because that fills so much of your image it is detracting from the realism. The grey bricks beneath it look very nice, as does your glass and shadows.

     

    Or you might be talking about the somewhat more ephemeral quality difference between physical and 3rd party renderers - a lot of people will tell you that 3rd party renderers can do a better job here. But I have seen amazing architectural stuff done natively too, so I know it is possible.

     

    It'll be interesting to hear what everyone else says..

     

    CBR

    what he said plus it's not just the house that is too clean, it's everything. i've never seen a road or pavement that clean before, it's the same with the brick house image, nothing in real life let alone something outside exposed to the elements look this clean and uniform, look outside your window, compare that to these 2 images, i know an archviz isn't meant to have rubbish all over the place, but subtle things even some leaves, on the grass or just subtleties like that will add a lot to your image 

     

    edit ive just seen the 2 new images, but again the same applies whole thing is too clean imo

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Cerbera    1,205
    15 minutes ago, Fares said:

    You are totally right, and I really appreciate your points. But I need to show you more examples in order maybe to get the picture cleared for everyone.

    I'll attach two more images (my work VS the other company), hopefully we can find how to get there... I'm trying for about 6 months now... But there's always something missing...

    The two images (man can directly tell which one is more realistic...)

     

    Company work (3).jpg

    my work (6).jpg

    Look at the difference in the grouting between these 2 images...

    Note the grouting in the top image , which is barely visible, and looks much less CG for it.

     

    Also the sunlight direction. You have not much in the way of shadows on the front-facing wall of your house, which might be making it seem a little 'flat'. In the top pic there are nice pronounced shadows and a lot of contrast on the front fascia. I do appreciate that not every building gives ideal shadows where you want them, but certainly worth doing some test renders with the sun in a range of different positions... 

     

    CBR

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Fares    1
  • Topic Author
  • You are totally right Cerbera, it would be much more realistic when putting some random grass or tree's leaves and some dirt maybe in textures.

    But if I want to make a workshop to make my work better, in which field do you think I shall go? modeling, lighting, C4D light or Vray renderer or maybe Postproduction?

    This really confuses me.

    Thanks.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    digitvisions    51
    1 hour ago, Fares said:

    But if I want to make a workshop to make my work better, in which field do you think I shall go? modeling, lighting, C4D light or Vray renderer or maybe Postproduction?

    This really confuses me.

    Thanks.

    Hi, I think your work is excellent , but when you are comparing it to someone better you find room for improvements,

    you are on the right track, you asking for other people's opinions and from the constructive criticism you get you can adjust your work and learn a lot. For your question regarding the field you should consider, I think the more fields the better. Lightning, texturing, modelling, photorealism, They are all connected and affect each other.

     

    Looking at the last two examples the most obvious things that could be improved are, The composition where you place the building it should all ways be slightly to one side of the picture,

    also the roof tiles looking very flat texture. Good luck.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Fares    1
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you Digitvisions, this is very encouraging things to say. The company I work in offered me a workshop, and they told me to make a research and choose what I need for a more realistic rendering, that's why I'm still on the search of where to go.

    Thanks again.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    deck    32

    Not my area of expertise but in the last pair of images one of them has a subtle depth of field applied to it which is always there in the real world. Really helps separation between elements.

    Deck

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Fares    1
  • Topic Author
  • I'm trying to work on this, it's really important as you mentioned. Thanks for the hint.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Sreckom    11

    1. more subtle details, like leaves 

    2. variation in materials, some of your materials are too flat

    3. you image looks like raw render, examples went through postwork in PS, like adding S curve on top of them

     

    Your renders are good, and with some PS touch they good be as good as examples you posted.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    everfresh    162

    basically what all the other's said. your renders are good, just needs a little dirt and imperfections here and there and some subtile DOF always helps. in your first render the tree in the front was really giving away it's a cg render. more variation in the color of the leaves should help, also the bark seems to have too much specularity going on.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×