ottie    4

Hello everybody,

I´m trying to render an architecture image in Vray but the render has a lot of noise and i don´t understand why. All my materials and lights are Vray ones.(the camera too)

I let you my settings et a frame, thanks a lot for your advices.

My other doubt is about the glass shader, i put lights behing each windows to light the interior of the house but i don´t see them in the render.

Capture.JPG

Fachada.png

Vizn    55

If you're using an HDR to light your environment, it may be that the image you are using is not high-res. Also, you're only running the progressive render for 5 minutes, which is only good for quick previews to tweak lighting because noise is expected for the trade off of time. 

As for lights not showing behind glass, it's difficult to say without knowing how you've set up your glass material and lights.

KeGrev    0

Progressive render is good for preview as Vizn said. You should render in bucket mod for a good result.

As for the glass, maybe your shader is wrong. Try applying a simple Vray shader with only specular layer turned on (default is fine). If it works you can always tweak specular layer a bit more to achieve what you want.

Vizn    55

Have a look at this example file to compare your glass, light, and render settings. HDR not included! You will have to plug in your own HDR image for the GI and Background environment. It's best to use a high-res HDR, instead of a low-to-medium quality JPG.

VRay Glass with Lights.zip

5a31b289c1eb3_VRayLightbehindGlass.thumb.jpg.2197d15dd56b9b9dfc6987cf28fe8f01.jpg

ottie    4
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks a lot Vizn, i will show you soon the final render. 

• Like 1

Vizn    55

Just a quick note: My glass has low reflectivity compared to your original post. Higher reflection will tend to block out what's behind it, so you have to find a balance for your needs. I look forward to seeing your next render.