Sign in to follow this  
Guest RyanPrintz

How to change Traffic Light colors?

Guest RyanPrintz

I'm trying to change the colors of the traffic light icon in the layers panel (to a brighter color than the default red; I'm color blind and have difficulty telling it apart from the grey, esp since it's so small). 

I've located the Scheme Colors tab in preferences, but since it's not actually called the "traffic light", I have no idea what to look for and I've been unable to find anything that looks like the right option. Is it changeable? Or am I out of luck?

Hi, I couldn't find any reference to the; objects manager visible in render and visible in editor. I wandered if changing the background to darker colour would help you see the deference ? If it would it's under: Manger-background 2-Active.

Similar thread

It´s posible thru editing internal resources inside c4d (what is not recommended), but posible...

Any other colorblind folks out there? I'm reviving this thread hoping things have changed since it was started in 2017, but I haven't found a way to change the traffic light modes, so I fear it hasnt. It's even harder for red-green colorblindness than it was pre-R21.

@connartist you can tweak these yourself - find the file interface_icons_2x.tif within your C4D application directory (/resource/modules/c4dplugin/icons). The visibility dots are in the middle vertically near the right side of the layout. 

image.png.21741c9eab9aa7c939202cda77415075.png

OMG, Thank you soooooo much!!!!!! You are a life saver!!! I'm doing this NOW, thanks!

Thanks to Rick I was able to fix this UI issue. If you are colorblind and having issues with the "traffic lights" in R21 I went ahead and brought up the contrast and brightened the green ones (almost yellow-ing it... i think, haha). And I switched the Red ones to a very visible blue, so hopefully this is night and day for you, as it is for me now. Replace it where Rick has stated above.

It's too big to attach, so here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13MirZgsHipuDNg9Bx9JV2wmThkRp1366/view?usp=sharing

As a side note, I'd plead that more UI designers keep in mind that red green colorblindness is actually relatively common, and by comparison yellow-blue is much rarer, so I wish the defaults would switch over (same for actual traffic lights, too). This is an issue in countless programs and its ironic its not considered more in graphics applications, at least as a checkbox in the preferences. I'm also left-handed (go figure), and there is much more support for toggling a feature for that in drawing apps, for example.

Thanks Rick!