PrivatePolygon

Bürt The Bear Butchering Fat Viking

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd create a new topic for once. I've had this idea for about a year now but always other projects came in between.
For a change, this project will be completely modelled inside C4D. Not sure about the texturing but it will probably involve  some zbrush or Substance Painter
So like the title says, this will be a fat viking and its still a surprise what it's going to look like and what objects it will involve other than a double sided axe ^^
In the end I will try to give it a toy/cartoony look.... yeah like those of that other guy you might have noticed around here..." @VECTOR" :D
Never done a cartoon figure since I always strive towards realism so this should be fun.

"bear" with me with this one :P

FatViking1.jpg

FatViking2.jpg

• Like 2

looking good so far man, id love it if it had like a wolf or some sort of animal skin like a bear on his back with the head making sort of a little hat with a big old round shield with arrows coming out of it, some nice sculpted fur in zbrush would look awesome man, damn im getting quite excited by the possibilities 

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, VECTOR said:

looking good so far man, id love it if it had like a wolf or some sort of animal skin like a bear on his back with the head making sort of a little hat with a big old round shield with arrows coming out of it, some nice sculpted fur in zbrush would look awesome man, damn im getting quite excited by the possibilities 

Ha, that's what I wanted to do with the bear hide, but I also wanted to give him viking helmet so I have to make some choices. Got a list of things I want to implement and they are all pretty fun. Shield with arrows wasn't on the list but would be pretty cool too, maybe on his back since I've already got things in mind for him to hold. 
    Brainstorming for projects like these is so much fun. You can already see him coming to life just by imagining. 

yep on the back would be awesome. what you could do is rather than have it go over his head as a hat you could make the pelt go over his shoulder and have the head sit on his chest that way you could still have the Viking helmet too :D

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

yep on the back would be awesome. what you could do is rather than have it go over his head as a hat you could make the pelt go over his shoulder and have the head sit on his chest that way you could still have the Viking helmet too :D

Well I think I might do the bear head over his head and the helmet on top of the bear with his ears coming out underneath to amplify his dumb expression lol

Anyway, before I get there there's still the matter of making the head itself and the hand which I'm struggling with now ^^

Ah yes, the head is always the most challenging bit of a character for me atleast, keep us updated :)

• Topic Author
  • Finally done with the arm. I had a bit of a struggle with the hand but I was fortunate to be able to study one of Vector's character's hands so that helped a lot!
    The arm has 1068 Polygons.

Edit: come to think of it, 1068 might have been the subdivided amount. Needto check this later ^^

arms.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Finally done with the arm. I had a bit of a struggle with the hand but I was fortunate to be able to study one of Vector's character's hands so that helped a lot!
    The arm has 1068 Polygons.

Edit: come to think of it, 1068 might have been the subdivided amount. Needto check this later ^^

arms.jpg

looking good so far , id maybe rotate the thumb down and back a little.

11 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

You mean towards the fingers or back to the wrist?

roll it backwards a little from the fingers, so the thumbs at a bit more of an angle rather than flat, if you hold your hand  flat out in front of you, you'll notice that your thumbs rotated slightly towards your body