alexfsu

How loop a random effected sequence

alexfsu    1

I have this randomly effected blob that rotates, but I want to loop it for 4 minutes without having to render out 4 minutes, more like 15 seconds.  When I duplicate the scene in After Effects its not looping right, probably because its random lol.  How can I get this moving blob effect and have it loop after 15 seconds?   Thanks.

ABMotion    113

It depends on how you've created your scene, but if it's a Displacer using a Noise Shader like the animation you've linked to, then Noise can be looped easily. In the Shader properties there is a choice called Loop Period in seconds. So based on the animation you linked to, your Displacer would use a Noise Shader with Loop Period set to 15 and make sure your timeline is also set to 15 seconds.

Cerbera    1,254

This would all be a lot easier to diagnose if we had the scene file. Please upload it.

CBR

ABMotion    113

As@Cerbera has suggested, it's a lot easier for you to upload your file so we can check it fully, but:

• Check to make sure your frames per second in Project Settings equals 30 fps for both that and Render settings otherwise 90 frames for your full animation will not be correct. i.e. 3 in Loop Period is 3 seconds, so 3 x 30 fps = 90 frames, but 3 x 24 fps equals 72 frames.
  • Noise types called Electric, Gaseous, Random and Wavy Turbulence do not loop properly without manually setting it. You need to choose a different type if you've used any one of those noise types.

alexfsu    1
  • Topic Author
  • watery moving blob dec.c4d

here ya go!   seems the fps matches up.  It's just regular noise too.  When I press play in the project it loops okay, but when I render it's off.

Cerbera    1,254

OK, as I suspected, your displacement cycle is working fine, even in render. What isn't is the texture you have going on in the bump channel - this uses a water shader, which does not have a loop function.

CBR

alexfsu    1
  • Topic Author
  • 29 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

OK, as I suspected, your displacement cycle is working fine, even in render. What isn't is the texture you have going on in the bump channel - this uses a water shader, which does not have a loop function.

CBR

awesome, switching to noise worked!  I liked water, are there any others that won't loop properly that MAXON has listed somewhere?  thanks Cerbera!

Cerbera    1,254

You're welcome. But I don't know if I have ever seen a list of which shaders can loop... to be honest most of them can't ! The noises mentioned are the exception rather than the rule...

CBR