Rendercore Lab

Skylars

help with exporting to illustrator

Skylars    0

All of my layers appear to be out of order when I export to illustrator. I've messed with most of the settings likes Z order and render settings like clips stroke but I keep getting the same results even try to script that will rearrange all of the layers alphabetically but that just made things worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 12.01.48 AM.png

ABMotion    113

@Cerbera they are exporting, not importing.

There are so many factors as to why you have issues doing what you're doing as Illustrator layers work differently. It can be a lot of work to get strokes working properly. Essentially, sometimes you need to outlines strokes/splines and then add a brush stroke so they're layered correctly visually. This is not a MAXON issue as such, just a difference between 3D MAXON>2D Adobe workflows for layers.

It is hard to be specific as your screenshot doesn't show what is's supposed to look like vs what is actually looks like. Even with that, without actually doing a lot of work, there may be no simple answer other than the suggestions below as alternatives:

If you have Illustrator CC+, try Cineware for Illustrator (free): https://illustrator.MAXON.net/

Alternatively, try exporting splines instead and then use desired Brush Strokes in Illustrator to get the final result you're after. There is the CV-ArtSmart plugin from Cineversity for exporting Splines more easily. You just need basic Cineversity signup (free) or membership that comes with Cinema 4D MSA: https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-artsmart/artsmart_overview

Cerbera    1,254
1 minute ago, ABMotion said:

@Cerbera they are exporting, not importing.

Fair play. Must stop answering these things when I'm tired :)

CBR