Cinema 4D Plugins

MarkLenders

any way to loop a simulation?

MarkLenders    0

just wondering if i could make a seamless loop out of a simulation? right now I'm just using a noise deformer to let it do its thing but i can't figure out how to loop it.

Rectro    536

Getting a seamless loop from a simulation is near impossible if each loop is random simulation.  Depends on what the deformation is as to if there is a clear pattern that develops.  Without seeing the scene it would be hard to guess.  There is no such deformer called noise, need much more info.

You can use the motion clip system which will loop a clip, or even blend multiple clips together to then be baked back into keyframe animation, or PLA.

Dan

MarkLenders    0
  • Topic Author
  • my question isn't plugin-specific I just wanted to know in general if I could loop a simulation seamless. I thought maybe there was a plugin that would allow me to do such thing? (noise deformer is a third party plugin btw) so I'm guessing the only way to loop something seamlessly i would have to stop the simulation and keyframe everything manually, right?  

Cerbera    1,271
    1 minute ago, MarkLenders said:

I just wanted to know in general if I could loop a simulation seamlessly.

For Cinema's internal simulations yes this is usually possible though it usually takes a bit of effort.

Here's someone seamlessly looping a flag for example...

I don't know how your plugin works, so can't advise on that specifically.

CBR

westbam    41

The noise in your noise deformer, doesn't that come with a loop period, in seconds, like most of the C4D noises have?

All I do with C4D is create loops. Making something non-standard loop can be extremely complex, and sometimes stupidly easy. But it really depends on what we are dealing with here. So perhaps a project file, to kick you in the right direction. So the answer: it depends on the simulation you want to loop.

ABMotion    118
    1 hour ago, westbam said:

The noise in your noise deformer, doesn't that come with a loop period, in seconds, like most of the C4D noises have?

@westbam is correct here.

It is also important to get your Frames per Second and actual total frames for your project correct to get it to loop properly. As an example, in your Noise set Animation Speed to 1, Loop Period (in seconds), to 3. The set your Project and Render fps to 30 fps an change your timeline to 89 frames (90 actual frames as it starts at 0) so it loops.

So the maths for any other combination for loop is the Loop Period x the FPS of the project = Total number of frames required in timeline, remembering timeline starts at 0. So the above example is 3 x 30 = 90

Exceptions are Electric, Gaseous, Random and Wavy Turbulence. These noises that won't loop properly.