Vizn

Bedroom Interior

Vizn    55

Something I've been playing around with off and on between projects.  I modeled the built space and environment, then modified pre-fab objects and custom textured most of them. It's mainly just an exercise in composition, light, and color. I'm not an interior designer. I'm usually modeling/rendering designs by others, so it was fun taking a stab at it with an eye towards my personal style. Critiques welcome.

my_room_008.thumb.jpg.d774e5922e1a13e502865fd48b358a31.jpg

• Like 2

Cerbera    1,968

Yep, good stuff, and I particularly like what you've done with the duvet and the bedding. 

Would be nice to see some rucks in those rugs though - have never seen one of those that is 100% flat :)

CBR

• Like 1

Wouter    11

Nice render, but I think there is much room for improvement.

- The textures on that wooden chest don't look very convincing.

- The lamp on the right looks like you have cut out a piece of your image, it's completely flat, if you see the light on the left, you can clearly see it's cylindrical shape.

- The curtain rail doesn't seem attached to the wall.

- I should also have a closer look at the outside, the grass doesn't look very realistic.

Just some observations :)

-W-

• Like 1

Monstrphil    23

Great Job! The floor looks great with the texture and the shadow on the curtain. Although I disagree with Wouter about the grass-I think the brick wall is too clean (not one big pock mark in any of those bricks......have you been to Home Depot lately?). But that is my opinion.

Fantastic Work!

• Like 1

Vizn    55
  • Topic Author
  • Good catch, @Monstrphil. The brick could def use some roughing up. Thanks for the feedback!

Vizn    55
  • Topic Author
  • Update. I hit on all of the details that were previously pointed out and tweaked some other things as well. The only thing I might play with at this point is DOF and maybe add a little bloom in post, otherwise I'm pretty happy with this.

my_room_012.thumb.jpg.7bf08e48c160d899a12348b86d316120.jpg

• Like 1

VECTOR    530

looking better but I'm really not keen on the duvet, it just doesn't look right at the bottom, especially that bottom right corner  i would work some nice creases Into it and work on the shaoe in general

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,968

Lookin' goood, and getting better all the time :)

Blue leather and its specular / refs especially  rewarding. Really good carpet lower left as well.

I wonder if the specular component of, or the reflection isn't a little too wide and intense on the wood floor ? Only a bit.

And I'm not quite buying that texture on the wall outside.

Other than those several small things, and pending some tasteful grading in post, this is looking really good now.

CBR

• Like 1

Vizn    55
  • Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, VECTOR said:

looking better but I'm really not keen on the duvet, it just doesn't look right at the bottom, especially that bottom right corner  i would work some nice creases Into it and work on the shaoe in general

Now that you mention it, I have to agree it needs a better shape.

Vizn    55
  • Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Lookin' goood, and getting better all the time :)

Blue leather and its specular / refs especially  rewarding. Really good carpet lower left as well.

I wonder if the specular component of, or the reflection isn't a little too wide and intense on the wood floor ? Only a bit.

And I'm not quite buying that texture on the wall outside.

Other than those several small things, and pending some tasteful grading in post, this is looking really good now.

CBR

Dang, I thought the wall was great. I put a little grunge into the material, adjusted levels, and applied some displacement, though the resolution doesn't really show it around the mortar, I thought it brought out some surface detail. What would you recommend?

Honestly, I went back and forth on the floor reflections, so I wasn't quite sure. Ultimately I went with something that brought out more detail in the darker areas, but I will give it some more fine tuning.

Thanks, CBR.