Vizn

Bedroom Interior

Cerbera    1,387
1 minute ago, Vizn said:

What would you recommend?

Maybe a wooden fence ? Hard to explain why, but I'm just not expecting a light brick wall there ! It's probably just me. Don't worry about it :)

CBR

• Haha 1

spiralstair    36

Isn't the issue here that the interior is relatively design orientated and the wall is quite suburban and brutish?

As a result the contrast between 'high' and 'low' design stands out as unusual within the regular swim of archviz imagery - which is all about 'perfect' balancing of light, detail, flow etc.

i am an exponent for thinking about images rather than just regurgitating what is already out there being made.

so for me the wall/interior contrast is interesting and could be developed. 

But the mortar and bricks need a bit more work - the lines are two straight.

• Like 2

spiralstair    36

Also the ceiling occupies nearly a quarter of the image, and so stands out as being too flat - even a newly built flat doesn't have perfectly smooth walls and ceiling 

• Like 1

Vizn    45
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, spiralstair said:

Isn't the issue here that the interior is relatively design orientated and the wall is quite suburban and brutish?

As a result the contrast between 'high' and 'low' design stands out as unusual within the regular swim of archviz imagery - which is all about 'perfect' balancing of light, detail, flow etc.

i am an exponent for thinking about images rather than just regurgitating what is already out there being made.

so for me the wall/interior contrast is interesting and could be developed. 

But the mortar and bricks need a bit more work - the lines are two straight.

You're quite right about this not fitting into the regular archviz imagery, as it was never intended to be. This is a scene I started over a year ago as an exercise while migrating to C4D from Max. The geometry is an accurate representation of my bedroom, backyard, and beyond. Later, I used it to experiment with window lighting an interior with VRay, as I am intimately familiar with how light looks in that room IRL. Over time I revisited it for fun when I had downtime and tried to furnish it to my personal tastes, not as an industry design piece. It started looking pretty cool, so I shared it. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

Vizn    45
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, spiralstair said:

Also the ceiling occupies nearly a quarter of the image, and so stands out as being too flat - even a newly built flat doesn't have perfectly smooth walls and ceiling 

This is an excellent observation. Thank you.

Monstrphil    19

Here in the states, you get some brick walls (or cinder block) all over the place......so the wall isn't that bad. The scene looks like a place in Florida.