Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hebeinpj

counter rotate

• Topic Author
  • Hey guys!

I have (what I hope to be) a pretty easy question that I can't seem to get a grasp on. I have a rotating object, say a sphere, in cinema, and I want to have another object, a plane, counter rotate as the sphere spins, while being a child of that parent(sphere). Please let me know if you have any ideas! 

Thank you!

Peter

Simply put, you can't do what you want because it is parented by the Sphere. As an alternative, group them together under a Null (not parented) and animate/keyframe the objects in opposite directions that way. If you then, for instance, want to move them both whilst rotating,  animate/keyframe the Null and they'll move together.

Surely it's just local co-ords ? The child's net rotation is the difference between parent rotation and the child local rot eg if the child has -2X the parent angular velocity, it will turn at the same rate as the parent but in the opposite direction..

local.c4d

@jed is correct...maths to the rescue :) I obviously didn't think about it long enough. Apologies.