Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
flakslinger

Need Help, Clones Exploding

Hey Everyone, seeing if anyone can help me figure this out. I am trying to make cloned spheres come out of a vent in a AC system. I have the clones inside the boxed duct. I also have an attracter outside the front to bring the spheres(hot air) out. I want the spheres to pass through the vent so I added a collider body to it and also I made the duct a collider body thinking the clones would be contained within it. But instead they just explode. The reason I'm not using the duct as the container itself is because I thought that maybe the plane wasn't stopping the clones, because the clones would just pass through even though there was a collider tag on it, so I added a box and added a collider body but still they explode. Any help or explenation of what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated. Thanks Y'all TGIF!

HotAirSim.c4d

Nice profile pic :) When using dynamics, things explode when either a) there is intersecting geometry at the start of the simulation, or b) when the collision modes of objects are incorrect. If the box's collision mode is Automatic in its dynamics tag, that will be the problem, because it is hollow, and changing that to Static Mesh should fix it...

CBR 

Update - I've just looked at your file. The problem is happening because you have render perfect turned on in the spheres in the cloner. Also they have way too many segments for an efficient simulation, and are the wrong type of sphere to work best with dynamics. You should set segmentation as low as possible, and make the sphere an icosahedron. But it's the turning 'render perfect' off that will fix the explosion.

Your front grille needs to have Static Mesh set in its collision properties as I advised above...

CBR

Cerbera is, as (almost) always correct again.

The reason for the explosion is that the (badly modeled!) Duct Wall and the Front Vent are set to Automatic mode. These need to be Static Mesh.

Perfect Render and the many segments only slow the animation down (A LOT!), but should not cause an explosion.

2 hours ago, westbam said:

Perfect Render and the many segments only slow the animation down (A LOT!), but should not cause an explosion.

You may well be right there. But I swear I turned off just 'render perfect', then it didn't explode any more for me...

The duct itself doesn't have a dynamics tag, so it's only the front that needs the collision mode change. 

I was going to mention the awful modelling, but decided against it only because that rarely affects dynamics, as long as there is a contiguous surface for it to work with - even if normals are incorrect, as they are here, that still doesn't affect dynamic collisions. And as long as OP doesn't try it with SDS it will probably render fine.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • On 12/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, westbam said:

(badly modeled!) Duct Wall and the Front Vent

• Topic Author
  • On 12/8/2017 at 5:37 PM, Cerbera said:

I was going to mention the awful modelling

• Topic Author
  • Thank You guys soooooo much. I am a total noob at C4D. I really appreciate your help. I will work on my hard body modeling. LMFAO