Rectro

Affinity Photo The New Photoshop?

Note that the Vegas Pro provided is version 14, and the "Edit" version. Vegas Pro 15 Edit is available at $149 on their website.

The humblebundle thing might still be a legitimate version. Just wanted to mention it's not the latest and top trier version.

20 hours ago, Rectro said:

Very strange, hard to work out if its lagit, or how buying from there works?

Humble Bundle is super legit.  I've bought hundreds of games from them.   You give as much money as you want, but the more you give the more you get.  To get Vegas Pro you need to give a minimum of $20 and with that you get all the software in the other tiers as well.  You can however give as much as you want and distribute that money between the publisher, charity, and humble tip.  Choosing how much you give and to who you give is the whole foundation the humble bundle was built on.  They started with video game bundles and has expanded to software, comics, books, and have a video game retail store where individual games can be bought.  In the store they can have a free game and have frequent sales on games.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:11 AM, C4DS said:

Note that the Vegas Pro provided is version 14, and the "Edit" version. Vegas Pro 15 Edit is available at $149 on their website.

The humblebundle thing might still be a legitimate version. Just wanted to mention it's not the latest and top trier version.

Also, if you want the latest version of VEGAS Pro 15 the lowest cost way would be to buy VEGAS Pro Edit 14 for $20 in the Humble Bundle and upgrade for an extra $199.  This way you get VEGAS Pro 15 for $219 instead of $399 in the current sale.  I think the only difference between Edit and regular Pro is the addition of some plugins.

2 hours ago, Rectro said:

Just to happens that Affinity Photo and all their apps have 20% off so Il put it here.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

Dan

they also have a new sneak peak of their coming Publisher app out on their youtube channel now which  looks interesting. Not out in beta until summer it seems and we all know that might get delayed again! 

What bugs me a bit about the Affinity products is that basic functionality is missing, and users have been requesting these things to be fixed for years now. For example, TGA and WebP export are missing, no arrows for vector lines, the custom bevel layer effect looks terrible (obvious banding), no vector fill patterns, layer thumbnails cannot be scaled, no option to use ctrl/alt-clicking layers to create selections, curves lack controls, nested filter layer masks cannot be selected in the layer stack, ... It's quite a list.

I do understand these are young applications, but they keep adding larger new features without improving the core functionality.

Well, no app is perfect.

• Like 1

I've gone back to Photoplus 6. Sure Affinity Photo can do some clever things but a lot of the time I just want to do some basic editing of photos and the previous program is easier to work with.

• Topic Author
  • I purchased Infinity Photo today as it lets me composite and do all my touch ups, edits, and filters in full 32bit, for that alone £38 is a give away.  I will still use Photoshop for some things as I just know my way around it well.

Dan