Cinema 4D Plugins

lutfirren

Transfering UV's?

zeden    21
31 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ah. There's the answer :) Maya has done its own thing with point order, and cinema doesn't know what to do with it. Obj is also a famously spurious format for preserving texture stuff. So going with my plan above is your best shot I reckon... just bind the one with the decent UV's to the rig.

CBR

No C4D has done it's own thing ;)

The C4D Obj. exporter changes point index during export or import. Age old bug that never was taken care of.

The second problem: VAMP's uvw projector is broken as well for several years now. So there is no hope as well.

Possible solution:

The plugins from here:

skinprops.com

The Riptide Pro plugin exports/imports obj. files and preserves point order.

The Morph Mill Plugin is able to align point order between two meshes.

First align the meshes perfectly as possible. Now with the Morph Mill you align point index and after that you can try VAMP with "normals mode", "Transform: off", "World"

If after that the uvws are still broken you can try morphing the uvws with C4D's Pose Morph Tag.

If all of that does not work: use the skinned mesh as a mesh deformer (see deformers menu), hide it and drive the clean uv mesh with it.

I tried to repair your mesh since I own both plugins but I am waiting for several weeks now for my R18 keys....

Cheers

Cerbera    1,385
1 minute ago, zeden said:

No C4D has done it's own thing ;)

The C4D Obj. exporter changes point index during export or import. Age old bug that never was taken care of.

Nice to have that confirmed - thanks for the correction :)

CBR