Sign in to follow this  
Super

Render to CMYK space instead of RGB

Hi! I was wondering if there is an option to render an image into CMYK instead of RGB. I know you can convert an image into photoshop, but my issue here is that it loses the vivdness the original image has, when converted to CMYK in photoshop.

Is it possible to render into CMYK and maintain the same image as the RGB version? Attached is a small version of what the RGB image looks like.

Many Thanks.

Super

Not much you can do as RGB is the only output from Cinema 4D.

The only suggestion for a better result when converting in Photoshop is to go from RGB to LAB then to CMYK, but there will always be quite a difference between RGB and CMYK colors anyway, even if it is converted as they are completely different color gamuts.

The only plugin I know of is called CMYK and made by @ruimac It creates an RGB palette but as close as possible to the CMYK gamut, so it still outputs RGB but uses a CMYK palette of sorts. Not sure if it's worth it to you, but it costs 10 Euro. I'm not sure if it's compatible with newer versions of Cinema 4D as it's a relatively old plugin, but contact the author if you're interested: http://www.ruimac.com/plugins.htm#06

• Topic Author
  • Thank you!