Sign in to follow this  
robocopatrik

Global Position Velocity of an Object

Hi,

I was wondering how to get the global position velocity of an object via xpresso. I know there is a position velocity output on every object node but that output refers to the local position matrix, not the global one.

I have my object in a null object whose position is animated. As a child of the null, the object moves with the parent but the local position remains zero, thus also it's local position velocity.

But I can output the global position matrix of the object via it's xpresso node... only I don't know how to get to the global position velocity from there.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to know exactly without a scene file, but two suggestions are to get Position Velocity from the Null or unparent the Object from the Null and instead use a Constraint tag on the Object to get the PSR from the Null so that the Position Velocity is then calculated as Local.

What about calculating it using a memory node set to 1F to get previous global position -

global velocity = (global pos - prev global pos) * fps

velocity.c4d

might work . . .

• Topic Author
  • On 12/19/2017 at 1:04 AM, jed said:

What about calculating it using a memory node set to 1F to get previous global position -

global velocity = (global pos - prev global pos) * fps

velocity.c4d

might work . . .

YEEEES, thank you so much, jed! Works like a charm! This is exactly what I needed.