A Rainy day in Paris

LightinaBox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're not going to subd it then what does it matter if there's triangles or n-gons or whatnot? Esp if it's just flat surfaces and the tower is not gonna be seen super close up it's just wasting time trying to "fix" things like that. Just model it as efficiently as possible. The program is not gonna crash if you have too many n-gons or triangles.

I appreciate what you're trying to do here, and i'm interested to see how it turns out, but personally, i think you're wasting a lot of time approaching this the wrong way, and then trying to clean up afterwards, for something that's not going to be seen close up,you don't need half the the geometry you have there especially, for the arched/corner sections 

1 minute ago, VECTOR said:

I appreciate what you're trying to do here, and i'm interested to see how it turns out, but personally, i think you're wasting a lot of time approaching this the wrong way, and then trying to clean up afterwards, for something that's not going to be seen close up,you don't need half the the geometry you have there especially, for the arched/corner sections 

I'm trying to make it as detailed as possible because the models of the competition do not have these details

Yea that's totally fine, and a good way to approach the model, but more geometry or dense corners like that doesn't necessarily translate to better detail, also you have to keep in mind that when you upload your model to turbo squid etc, people are going to be comparing your model to others, and the first thing i do if i ever go on a site like that is look at the wireframes, not saying this has to be 100 percent perfectly equally spaced out and sided 4 sided polygons, i'm just pointing out that if you want it to sell, it's a good idea to keep it clean and neat as possible.

Archived