robocopatrik

Hide Animation Paths from Viewport

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any way to hide the animation paths in the viewport (see image).

I have over 300 objects in my scene which MUST be baked with "dirty" tracks for export, making a keyframe on every frame. In addition the collada file I am exporting MUST have 25000 frames at 25 fps....

Of course this makes the viewport extremely sluggish and hard to work with when I select my 300 objects, so i am assuming this is because the viewport has to draw such an enormous amount of keyframes.

Any help is appreciated!

hideAnimationPath.JPG

As DV says, animation paths are the least effort for Cinema to draw, and this will have zero effect on the viewport speed. Not only that, but you should only be able to see those animation paths when you have selected objects, which is very helpful, and completely negates the need to ever turn them off I would have thought...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 43 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

aths are the least effort for Cinema to draw, and this will have zero effect on the viewport speed. Not only that, but you should only be able to see those animation paths when you have selected objects, which is very helpful, and completely negates the need to ever turn them off I would have thought...

you are right, i have replaced all my elements with null objects and get rather fluid playback even with the paths in the viewport. I simply shouldn't make the mistake of selecting all my elements while having the timeline window open and set to automatic mode with the view linked to the object manager.

14 minutes ago, robocopatrik said:

you are right, i have replaced all my elements with null objects and get rather fluid playback even with the paths in the viewport. I simply shouldn't make the mistake of selecting all my elements while having the timeline window open and set to automatic mode with the view linked to the object manager.

There's the answer :)

CBR