VECTOR

Hard surface practice - Tie Interceptor

3D-Pangel    199

I just love this thread!  Great work and such clean modeling. 

Your work has the same quality of my all-time hero of Star Wars modeling: Ansel Hsaio.  While we wonder how you are able to find the time, I just marvel at what Ansel takes on.  Look at his take on the Tie Fighter found here.  And of course don't forget to see some of his Star Destroyers (he has many versions....).

I don't want to diminish your accomplishment by showing you Ansel's work, because your work is just as outstanding.  But sometimes after working so long on a model we all need to poke our heads out of our terminals and look around for inspiration or at least find something that provides the motivation to go add that next chunk of 100,000 polygons to a model.  Hopefully his work provides that energy because I can't wait to see more of your work.

Dave

VECTOR    429
  • Topic Author
  • 15 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I just love this thread!  Great work and such clean modeling. 

Your work has the same quality of my all-time hero of Star Wars modeling: Ansel Hsaio.  While we wonder how you are able to find the time, I just marvel at what Ansel takes on.  Look at his take on the Tie Fighter found here.  And of course don't forget to see some of his Star Destroyers (he has many versions....).

I don't want to diminish your accomplishment by showing you Ansel's work, because your work is just as outstanding.  But sometimes after working so long on a model we all need to poke our heads out of our terminals and look around for inspiration or at least find something that provides the motivation to go add that next chunk of 100,000 polygons to a model.  Hopefully his work provides that energy because I can't wait to see more of your work.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave :D funny you should mention Ansel as i've looked at alot of his models on artstation in the past, especially the star destroyers, the sheer scale and amount of detail that guys puts into those is just insane! i'm not sure i could muster that much patience to do anything on that scale, it's been a challenge keeping this going, im quite eager to start a new cartoon character instead :D but i must press on, hopefully the finished product will be something to contend with :D 

Edited by VECTOR

VECTOR    429
  • Topic Author
  • Alright, one more before i crack on with the inside, the fun part is definitely playing around with the renders, makes all that tedious panel modelling worth it :D 

tie_test_render_top_2_by_vector3d-dc0ipj

• Like 2

VECTOR    429
  • Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, nerv said:

hotchacha 

:D wait till you see it textured ;)

• Like 1