adamjm

placing a png graphic

• Topic Author
  • Hi guys, so I've double checked back through my posts, and there is nothing posted that solves the repeated pattern issue.

Am i missing something here? Is there something I've got checked or ticked which is making the graphic multiplied and disappears? my image only shows in tile format.. I can only a assume this is one of many flaws with cinema 4d. It seems to do great things in one way, but let's itself down hugely in other ways. I could rant all day about it sometimes, but I'll spare you guys for now ;)

• Topic Author
  • Hi guys, So here's a screen grab showing tile not selected and then selected. the graphic disappears. i think this could be a Prime version issue, because i can't see anything else wrong? 

Anyway any help would be great.

thanks 

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 15.17.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 15.17.42.png

The first post you did here did not mention the tiling issue. It was about the Alpha issue and that had been resolved previously.

The tiling issue was answered here by me in this thread, but you never posted back with a project file that showed the tiling problem. The project you did attach to this post didn't have tiling switched on and did not repeat the logo but it had an alpha issue that was resolved. It is not a Prime issue.

In the screenshots from the post above this reply, you have Offset, Length and Tiles settings that are far different from the original project file you posted here.

In the screenshot above you have these settings:

offset_length_tiles_original.thumb.png.503cf4be67b3691c117e1494c3811307.png

Try these settings instead. These are from your original project file where it worked:

logo_shisha.thumb.png.f53a41efd6c6a33a47c8ea2145e85c56.png

If this does not fix it for you, upload a project file that does show the tiling issue.

• Topic Author
  • thanks for your help on this AB.. i will try your suggestion and let you know how i get on..

thanks again :)

• Topic Author
  • At last.. so it was repetitions V that i had checked as 2 or 3 reps.. Thanks again for your help.. now i need to get my head around nurbs modelling..

Do you use GSG 'top coat' and 'light kit pro' by the way? If so are they any good? I'd like to take my renders to a more photo realistic level.

cheers adam

shisha pipe 2.c4d

Glad you got it working.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:15 PM, adamjm said:

Do you use GSG 'top coat' and 'light kit pro' by the way? If so are they any good? I'd like to take my renders to a more photo realistic level.

I don't use those plugins, but nothing wrong with them. However, I don't think if you use them that you are learning. Tools like that can make doing projects easier and quicker, but won't make your work automatically look better if you don't understand the fundamentals.

To learn lighting, study product and portrait lighting photography tutorials. For materials, you have Cinema 4D R14 in your bio, which means you might have issue with TopCoat as I believe that uses the Reflectance channel that R14 doesn't have I don't think.

This is a good article on lighting from Helloluxx https://helloluxx.com/tutorials/cinema4d-2/cinema4d-rendering/10-tips-for-better-lighting-in-cinema-4d/

A couple of good tutorials on lighting & rendering can be found by watching @phobos who is a contributor on this forum:

• Topic Author
  • cool thanks for this..

I'll persevere with C4D for now.. Yes i think top coat only works with the full version

thanks again anyway 

cheers adam

• Topic Author
  • Hi Guys,

I'm trying to place this graphic onto this bottle as a png file but the whole label is transparent.. Can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong?

thanks 

bottle.c4d

100 Pipers Restage Print Test Artwork 22-11-17_OK.png

The file you've uploaded simply does not have the Color channel ticked and doesn't have the label graphic loaded into the texture slot of Mat.2

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

The graphic file should be in the model. I've attached it again.. its not colour its just see-through.. its in the alpha channel..

any help would be great 

thanks 

bottle.c4d

100 Pipers Restage Print Test Artwork 22-11-17_OK.png

In that latest file, you don't have the image in the color channel at all, and the alpha channel settings are wrong.

Load the image into color first, then you need these settings for the same image loaded into the alpha channel.

bottle.thumb.jpg.2a5b48667ff4d419a10f57f9bac871b8.jpg

CBR