Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGIHercules

Making anim. short, topology questions ?

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

It's pretty cool and somewhat simple but also much like in any other program it will leave you with a messy geometry except that in ZBrush you can Zremesh it in a click of a button and get it to be guads only. And since eye lid in my case wont really deform just rotate (pivot) I don't have to be super precise obsessed with best possible geometry. They will be small and half hidden anyway and just rotating like revolving doors.

Do you intend to have separate eyelids to the head geometry as of course you have already make your retopo mesh now?

 

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rectro said:

Do you intend to have separate eyelids to the head geometry as of course you have already make your retopo mesh now?

 

Dan

 

Well yes, since I guess in this cartoony style that wouldn't matter. I can always add polys and extrude inside of the eye sockets if you think thats better wat to go but I WAS gonna have 2 eyes and 2 eyelids (made out of 2 objects each upper/lower eyelid) added as separate objects rigged to the head.

Share this post


Link to post

Something like this...but maaaan, 660 polys per eye...damn. I was hoping for less. So both eyes combined wil be almost as the rest of the character LOL. Well I better have it ready for the close up scenes so I guess I will just take the hit.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.30.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.31.01 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

Something like this...but maaaan, 660 polys per eye...damn. I was hoping for less. So both eyes combined wil be almost as the rest of the character LOL. Well I better have it ready for the close up scenes so I guess I will just take the hit.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.30.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.31.01 PM.png

Delete the inner shell leaving just the shelf edge for the eye lids.  Is that a large ngon on the back of that eye, if so delete that.

 

Dan

eye lid.c4d

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Delete the inner shell leaving just the shelf edge for the eye lids.  Is that a large ngon on the back of that eye, if so delete that.

 

Dan

 

Yap, I managed to drop it to 181 with drop in initial poly number and than not applying EXTRUDE like before. I hope this wont look thin like a paper in the render.

 

Now I guess I would just insert another little black ball that would be an iris and that's what would be animated right ?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.55.03 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

 

Yap, I managed to drop it to 181 with drop in initial poly number and than not applying EXTRUDE like before. I hope this wont look thin like a paper in the render.

 

Now I guess I would just insert another little black ball that would be an iris and that's what would be animated right ?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.55.03 PM.png

have a look at this file.  276 polys no visual difference

 

Dan

eye lid.c4d

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Rectro said:

have a look at this file.  276 polys no visual difference

 

Dan

eye lid.c4d

Oh man that's a great idea...extrude without a cap. Awesome. So how would you go about placing iris in ?

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

Oh man that's a great idea...extrude without a cap. Awesome. So how would you go about placing iris in ?

Id make the eye two shells.  rather than explain it il post a file.

 

Please forgive the lashes, I just love playing in C4D.  The eye has basic animation on it, the outer shell of course can be half a shell.  This is how I make basic eyes, only I normaly Uv map it and use textures, in this example I just use procedural. 

 

 

dan

eye lid2.c4d

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Id make the eye two shells.  rather than explain it il post a file.

 

Please forgive the lashes, I just love playing in C4D.  The eye has basic animation on it, the outer shell of course can be half a shell.  This is how I make basic eyes, only I normaly Uv map it and use textures, in this example I just use procedural. 

 

 

dan

eye lid2.c4d

Oh wow...man this makes much more sense than what I was gonna do but hey I never made and animated eyes so there's my first time right there. BTW that animation is awesome as well as coloring and lighting. Also I noticed you put light INSIDE the eye itself. Is that something you do ? Like have 2 lights shine through translucent eyes rigged in the head ? For subsurface scattering maybe ?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, CGIHercules said:

Oh wow...man this makes much more sense than what I was gonna do but hey I never made and animated eyes so there's my first time right there. BTW that animation is awesome as well as coloring and lighting. Also I noticed you put light INSIDE the eye itself. Is that something you do ? Like have 2 lights shine through translucent eyes rigged in the head ? For subsurface scattering maybe ?

Hi.

 

No that light is just a quick directional light so it dont matter where its placed.  Environment will make the eyes look nice, and a nice texture.  I did a tutorial on manual eye textures which will sit well for cartoon.  If you make the Iris concaved and the Cornea Convex the 1.3 refraction will do the rest.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...