Hi,

I´ve been trying to model this  using cloner and effectors with no result. anyone knows how?  fb51fd0b3dfff46ab58880ceec263639.jpg

Best

D

You need a Honeycomb Array for the Cloner. I see you have an older version of Cinema 4D that doesn't have that, so download the Offset Grid Generator Cinema 4D file here: http://www.pixelsinprogress.com/s/PIP_OffsetGridGenerator.c4d (see video below for information)

In your bio you say you have R13 Visualize. I don't think that has Cloners, but you say your trying using Cloners. You may want to update your bio or perhaps that is the issue.

The rest is just making sure you have enough edge geometry on each hexagon so it can bend nicely and using a Bend Deformer.

9 minutes ago, bezo said:

Cloner version...

building.thumb.png.c4589e07a6d26d7575a5eb9a4942f08d.png

honeycomb_scene.zip

The issue with this file is that in their bio they say they have R13 Visualize, so Honeycomb Array Cloner won't work for them as that is only R18+, that is why I put the other honeycomb python file and video into my post.

Your file is handy for others that might visit this post in the future that don't have that limitation though.

I am on R16 and would just clone a 6 sided Tube AND a NULL object on a grid array to make my own honeycomb. You only need to make the rows odd and the columns even for this to work.  Than just bend it all to taste and maybe use a connect to make it 1 object.

#OldSchoolHoneyComb.

But the grid generator looks freaking nice too!! 

• Topic Author
  • Awesome guys! you inspired to upgrade :) 

The problem with bending is that i accually bends the whole geometry. I this is constructed in reality all of the hexagons are flat and with two of the outside faces on an angle to fit. I will model the finnal vertion in fusion 360.

I will upgrade and have a look at the posted model.. again thanks!