Mineral Reign texture Library

marazano

pricing sounds more than fair to me, considering what others charge for their libraries you could even go a little bit higher. but keeping it low will result in more sales, so it could be a good strategy.     i usually rarely buy materials, and if so only when i actually need them, but for that price i'd definitely consider buying straight ahead.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I am currently in the process  of building a Mineral material library. All the textures are approximatly 4000 x 4000, all tileable  and have Diffuse, Specular, Roughness, Bump and DIsplac

Hi Sharescale   These are good questions ;) ...   When you take the photos you want the lens to face perpendicularly the plane of the material you are shooting, otherwise you will

Went to Britain coast this week on the sea side to harvest some nice textures of sands and granits and other sea side rocks... Spent hours searching for the right colors paterns ands texture

Posted Images

Hi Everfresh,

the idea would really be to try to keep it low so people who coulndn’t buy at higher price could afford it … I’m putting a lot of efforts in this library, butaAt the same time I understand many artist are on short budget, and it can be so frustrating to see libraries at high price. I’m not a company, and my plan is not to make a lot of money in a short time, but try to make something satisfying for everyone. If artist can use it and it can help me continue building the project, I thibk I could be happy with it…

I vision next, 

thanks for encouraging.

so far the materials are built in octane for c4d… I’m sure the map could be loaded in vray. I should try to implement it into vray and reproduce the materials…

only I’m lessfamiliar with vray these days.

but there is no reasonwhy I shouldn’t try to build the materials in vray too.

the idea is to give the materials with the texture library too, not only the maps.

I’ll try that in the next two weeks I guess …

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Britain coast this week on the sea side

to harvest some nice textures of sands and granits and other sea side rocks...

Spent hours searching for the right colors paterns ands textures for a nice variety of different minerals...

Britain has a amazing variety of shades and delicate colors for rocks 

Will post the materials i'm building from those photos soon

as I thought it would really enhance the collection...

DSC_5898 low.jpg

And here sneak previews of the displacement maps only

all other channels disabled.

Displacement maps are 8192 x 8192

Rendered in Octane with the same settings as other renderings...

5a991609365e9_MineralReignII-GranitSand03-Displacement.thumb.jpg.bfd8ae3d387d70baaa5f873a79b3b6c9.jpg5a99160c06d54_MineralReignII-GranitSand06-Displacement.thumb.jpg.328c8bb5d001861eea414b323b22171e.jpg5a99184d25866_MineralReignII-GranitSand01-Displacement.thumb.jpg.3d7d6ee7fb1548599a90e66ef3a27123.jpg