Mineral Reign texture Library

I use Octane but am moving to Redshift for a few reasons, but I'm still sure I can use your textures.

I've used Pixellab before but found their textures didn't tile too well, at least not for the projects I needed. On big areas you can clearly see the tiling.

Still waiting to buy yours :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I am currently in the process  of building a Mineral material library. All the textures are approximatly 4000 x 4000, all tileable  and have Diffuse, Specular, Roughness, Bump and DIsplac

Hi Sharescale   These are good questions ;) ...   When you take the photos you want the lens to face perpendicularly the plane of the material you are shooting, otherwise you will

Went to Britain coast this week on the sea side to harvest some nice textures of sands and granits and other sea side rocks... Spent hours searching for the right colors paterns ands texture

Posted Images

Hi StCanas

Of course you are entirely right about the c4d based material which has more users. 
The only thing is I'm working on an old Macbookpro early 2011

and the process of setting the textures for c4d is a huge problem

because of rendering times which don't allow me to finess the textures.

So for now I can only use my main renderer which is Octane with its tremendous speed with my 1080ti

and speed of realtime viewing which allow me to finesse the textures for best settings.

Octane can also be used not only on c4D but many other apps.

But I plan to developp the collection for c4d native, vray and Arnold as well in the future.

only have in mind that i am a single person not a company.

And that i'm providing this collection for a very low price (36 euros) compared to companies who sell this kind of collection for at leats 120 euros

and even sometimes sell a single 4k texture at 25 euros...
Also even if the textures are not "ready" for any renderer, they can still be perfectly used with any renderer by plugin the maps into the desired channels and by making minor intensity adjustments mainly in the reflectance or specular channel (switching to beckmann mode for instance for metallic materials for higher speculars and reflectons) or by adjusting the distance in the displacements depending on the size of the object you apply the material too (but this goes for octane as well as any other renderer). besides that all the other channel work as is by just pluging the   desired maps into them.

Besides that you are right on all points you raised

and I would surely love to have more users able to enjoy and make great art with the entire collection and the collections to come (i have some great stuff in preperation).

Hey there

Sorry about this! The engineers are working as quickly as possible to get the buttons on the site up and working again. I’ll shoot you a line when they’ve pushed through a fix.

Thanks so much for your patience – shouldn’t be too much longer now.

Hi push

funny I just had a talk with a great french artist who had switched from Octane to redshift but switched back to octane again and who is now using both depending on the project (he made some threads in france about advantages and disavantages of both which where really interesting an quite exhaustiv). He got the collection this morning and seems to have a great fun with it. So far he has been playing with it in Octane but I'm sure he will use it with redshift too quite soon...
if you go with the collecton I hope you will enjoy it as much as he does ;) ...

I also understand your concern about the tilings. 

Some textures are always working better for heavy tiling than others due to the nature of each textures.

as an example when a texture has a strongly recognizable part in it you tend to recognize it in each tiles

but this may also tend to be attenuated with the displacement which force vary the angle of view of the texture.

Some of my textures are working great with a large amount of tiling and some are better with a fewer amount. it depends

I didn't notice any obvious problem ranging from 2 to 8 tiles which where the situation where I used most of them.

So  I guess in most real life situations the collection should work fine ;)...
I have bought some pixel lab stuff myself in the past and wanted to try  some other before I bought them, that I finally didn't buy and threw away just for the very same reasons you point out... The feeling was the pixellab textures where some kind of randomly created with no specific care on each material. I love their studio lights setting for Octane though and pixeldirt is quite cool too  ;) ...

I've been asked several times how the 2k to 5k version compete with the 1k preview version.
Here are some close-ups for you to see ...
(not my best light setting for this angle though)...

Edit : Sorry apparently I cannot add anymore images in the forum due to a limitation, any idea to keep posting images without limit ?

Mineral Reign Octane pebble low.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2018 at 5:02 PM, marazano said:

any idea to keep posting images without limit ?

Yes. Contribute to the cost of running the cafe by becoming a bronze, silver or gold supporter, and you get given more space !

If you have exhausted your current allocation, and don't want to do that, then you need to find the 'My Attachments' page from the menu on the top right of the home page, and delete some of your existing images, which will free up space to add new ones. Unfortunately this has to be done 1 image at a time in the current system.

Or, you could really show your appreciation for the cafe and sell your library through the cafe store or become an advertiser here ! PM @HSrdelic if you would like to arrange this.

CBR

Thank you for the information Cerbera. I wrote Hsrdelic to know more about the conditions of the c4dcafé store... ;)

i wanted to do this but did'nt know if t was something to be done and how to do it ;) ...

On 23/04/2018 at 9:57 PM, BobGF said:

What are those reasons? :) 

Bob GF, well I get a few crashes with Octane, especially when rendering in a queue, which is not good when I've left it running overnight!! Also, I need to use a render farm and they are not officially available. Redshift works better in the RenderView than Octanes equivalent, not a big deal but it makes a difference.

I still use Octane for old projects that need updating, I got great results for my kitchen interiors.

I am finding Redshift to be quicker overall too, and it works with PixelPlow and GarageFarm.

Hi Push ! 

have you had the chance to try the Mineral reign library with Reshift ? 

Some customers did with Redshift, Vray or even c4d standard and seemed very happy with it...

I could myself only render it in Octane because my computer has not enough power to make a vray or other renderer ready version of the library so far...

But of you got it and make render both in redshift and Octane please share them with us. i would be happy to see how nice they render in different renderers ;) ...