uroskg

Best render engine for RealFlow

uroskg    0

Hi, i am rendering an animation of the yacht in the ocean. For the water i have used RealFlow standalone and simulated millions of particles. Now i want to export particles of foam and water to c4d and render. I have 6 1080ti and a couple of quite potential processors. Anybody knows what would be the best render engine/s to proceed?

Thank you.

spiralstair    59

Unfortunately Vray is not a good option for RF as it is unable to render motion blur on alembic and/or meshes with changing poly count. I'm pretty sure one of the other GPU renderers will do the job

uroskg    0
  • Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, spiralstair said:

Unfortunately Vray is not a good option for RF as it is unable to render motion blur on alembic and/or meshes with changing poly count. I'm pretty sure one of the other GPU renderers will do the job

Yup i have that experience with vray, i did some animations with octane, it's extremely fast in all cases except of volumetrics, bit i am dealing here with about 20 millions of particles, so it seems the geometry might be too heavy for octane, as i am limited to 8gb of vram. Anybody has experience with redshift and RealFlow?

StCanas    60

Rendered in Vray.

In the two images below, the first is real liquid, the second is Realflow rendered in Vray with motion blur done in post. And there's also a very short test animation. 

5a58fd2e2999f_FluidTestcopy.thumb.jpg.d9b0ed0fd1164c4db8270affb2964be8.jpg

spiralstair    59
    On 12/01/2018 at 6:24 PM, StCanas said:

the second is Realflow rendered in Vray with motion blur done in post.

which plugin did you use to make the motion blur? RSMB? can you offer any reviews of working in this way? things that work well, things to avoid?

StCanas    60

Yes, RSMB. It's my go-to for MB. No drawbacks, just add a filter in your post application and save yourself a ton of render time. It's rare that I render out MB.

• Like 1