Rendercore Lab

nicks    17

Hi all,

As the weather here in Sweden is nothing short of terrible at this time of year, I usually set myself a 'winter project' to take my mind off how dark and cold it is outside.

This year, I decided to model the Whitney Museum in New York (by Marcel Breuer) and give it a treatment in Unreal Engine. I'm no expert in UE4, but have been really taken by being able to walk around the finished model in real time. Everything has been modelled in Cinema 4d, and finished in UE4.

Any feedback and comments are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 2

EAlexander    19

Fantastic! Looks great. The new Whitney is nice, but I miss that building. Nice work. 

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,731

Yes, nicely done. Very rewarding lighting particularly.

If I did have one minor criticism it might be that some of the shots felt a little hurried to me - ie cameras moving slightly too fast and music maybe a little too upbeat and energetic for the environment ? But I guess it's all subjective, so it's more a personal opinion than a criticism :)

Keep up the good work !

CBR

• Like 1

nicks    17
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the feedback!

@EAlexander - I'm supremely jealous that you've actually been to this building! It's been on my list for quite a while. From what I gather, it is a restaurant now?

@Cerbera - I think you have a point about the shots feeling a little hurried... Luckily, the sequencer in UE4 makes it very easy to change these sorts of things... I'm working on another edit in the coming days.

I've set myself a goal of doing a few more of these before the winter breaks - I'll keep posting them.

Cheers,

Nick

DanLSK    43

The camera behavior makes me think of flying drone footage.  Other than that it looks pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

Fastbee    72

The lighting is good, but I'd bake some lighting either in Unreal, C4D native, or Cycles.  With that it would look even better.