Hi all, I'm having a big problem with team render and its really pissing me off I must say.

I have 4 client machines with 6 GPU's in, each have a different machine name and ip being - machine1 through to machine4, ports 5401 - 5404

However when I add one machine in the server, thats fine, adding the 2nd it keeps saying "Machine1 is already in the list" When I'm adding a complete different machine?

Yes I've restarted dozens of times too but no luck.

Some things to check and try:

• All client machines are on static IP addresses, not using DHCP
  • Keep all Team Render Clients set to port 5401 - don't use different port numbers for each one
    • FYI: Cinema 4D uses port 5400 and Team Render Server uses 5402.
  • Disable "Announce Service Via Bonjour". This mean you need to add machines manually and use the static IP address followed by colon and then port - i.e. 192.168.0.100:5401 - don't use machine names. Find this information using the Team Render Client console.

If it still doesn't work, the best advice is to contact MAXON support https://www.MAXON.net/en/support/how-can-we-help/

• Topic Author
  • That's where I'm confused, since all machines are using default IPV4-6 DHCP with automatic IP generation. However at the start I did clone 1 system across the 4 systems, having to change the names from machine1 through to machine4 with unique ip's and names. Don't suppose using the same Key for team render would cause this?

Follow my post points above. You've just responded with the fact you did differently to what I've said to do.

I'd clear the Clients and Server and start again.

Clean install to each machine, switch off Bonjour, use Static IP's not DHCP, use a single Port 5401 on all and manually add each client using the Static IP address, not the machine name followed by :5401

The key can be the same.