Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

Caveman

Assign random vertex colors

maliohammad    308
4 hours ago, Caveman said:

Can this script be converted to cinema4d or can this be done with Cinema4d

Hello, 

You can do it without any script, for those cases:

1-Your object have polygon groups of the same polygon count(e.g. brick wall)

Create a new material, then for the color channel insert variation shader, then enable polygon variation, and change the steps to

the amount of polygons each group has.

2-Your object does't have an even poly count for each group

Put your object inside a fracture object(NOT voronoi fracture!), change the mode from straight to explode segments and connect

and put the material from above on it, disable the polygons option and you get the result you are after. 

P.S. The result will be seen in renderer only and some render engine doesn't support it. Also this doesn't output a vertex color, if you have to get it as a vertex color you may need a plugin or a script.

Best regards,

Caveman    8
  • Topic Author
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback .

1. The variation shader excellent idea but this works not with  redshift for example or if you export it to other software this is not a solution .

2.Fracture trick works fine with a few objects but with a tree most off the time cinema4d just crash

off course i can use blender but it would be nice to do make this with cinema4d with a script ::):

maliohammad    308
    23 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback .

Yeah, 3rd party render engines is one of the limitations of this method, and if your object have many groups it will slow down c4d which is the other draw back. I will try to do a script for that, but no promises! My programming skills are very. If anyone else can do it before me/better than mine then it is great :)

• Namaste 1

Caveman    8
  • Topic Author
  • Good luck,

I look forward to see if someone can do this with cinema4d and a script ::):

ABMotion    238

Not sure if this does what you want as I'm not sure about coloring for all render engines, but the Python code is there as well if it needs to be modified:

https://safina3d.blogspot.com/2012/05/randomcolor-script.html

The link for plugin version appears broken, but it's https://safina3d.blogspot.com/p/randomcolor.html and Source Code on GitHub https://github.com/safina3d/c4d-random-color

Caveman    8
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the link for the script( works fine )  but this works only if i separate manual the objects or with a modifier and with a tree for example then you to many layers and materials etc....

With Redshift and cycles for example you can use one material and assign a random vertex color for color variations etc...

I have found another script but this is almost the same  like the other ( only display color )https://aescripts.com/c4d-viewport-colors/

maybe there is a solution to convert this to  one big  vertex map and then merge the objects back together

maliohammad    308

I think I will stop doing the script, as I am using R17 which don't have vertex color tag so if I want to make a script I have to make it make multiple materials(one material for each polygon group) which I don't think is optimal.  

bezo    533

Thank you very much for posting, Safina3D (as also all other french c4d plugin developers) is a source of very useful plugins for a long time...

...very useful script for creating ID maps for SP btw.

Caveman    8
  • Topic Author
  • Exellent works fine with xfrog / Cinema4d /  Redshift etc....  Party , Thanks for making this for all Cinema4d Users.:smiley-computer005: