RenderStorm Farm

Push

Hilarious PC reviews :)

Push    4

I was just browsing for a new PC and came across this one at nearly £27,000, you just have to read the reviews, hilarious!!!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pack-orionx-dual-system-extreme-overclocked-pc-intel-core-i9-7980xe-and-intel-core-i7-7700k-fs-006-8p.html#comments

Enjoy, I did.

Ash

• Like 1

PBarrelas    8

Ah ah ah!! I had a laugh reading these reviews!

the cool thing is that the website owners must find them hilarious too, hence keeping them there!

everfresh    296

haha... priceless. :D but seriously, who on earth needs 12tb storage in total built into a computer??? 

HSrdelic    2,681
5 minutes ago, everfresh said:

haha... priceless. :D but seriously, who on earth needs 12tb storage in total built into a computer??? 

ha, I recall when people told me why would you need more than 128 Mb of ram :)

Things are growing at incredible rate in hardware world...

• Like 1

everfresh    296
3 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

ha, I recall when people told me why would you need more than 128 Mb of ram :)

Things are growing at incredible rate in hardware world...

haha, you're right about that... in a couple of years people will laugh about 12tb..  but right now it's overkill. i do a lot of heavy lifting regarding file sizes, a lot of 3D, video, huge psd files and so on... and counting all my storage devices together i probably even have around 12 tb occupied... but that includes also files that are over 5-6 years old, which i will never ever need again and i'm perfectly fine storing them away on external devices. much cheaper ;)

Push    4
  • Topic Author
  • My business has been going for 10 years, I have only 8TB stored away in backup drives.

natevplas    35

These are pretty funny, but some of the reviews for Amazon products are downright hilarious!  For example: http://amzn.to/2B7jWHG

This computer is probably total overkill for 99.999% of people, but i have to disagree on the 12TB of storage being overkill.  If you ever work with footage, especially something like 8K Red Camera footage, you'll know that a single video file can be over 100 GB.   10TB hard drives are not all that expensive these days and certainly not what put this computer over the 20K mark!

Zmotive    59

"I sold my mum for this" lol

Those were pretty good. Thanks for posting them. The Amazon entries too — first time I've ever used them as a source of comedy. They should have a policy that all 5 star spam-reviews get replaced without the spammer knowing it, by 5 star sarcastic reviews. I may have to modify my approach to Amazon reviewing.

Push    4
  • Topic Author
  • I think I'm off now to read some more! :)