VECTOR

Vec's & Cerbera's Star Wars Sketchbook

18 minutes ago, Orphydian said:

what are you guys using for rendering and texturing ?

Physical for both of us I think...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Physical for both of us I think...

CBR

Yea physical baby

• Topic Author
  • Back on the interceptor for a while after taking a break, decided i wasn't keen on the mid wing cannons i made the first time around, so i redesigned them and did them again, i'm also adding more details to other parts of the ship, i must be mad because it's already over 11.5 million polys subdivided! more updates to come.

5abbc4d404e9c_updatenew3.thumb.jpg.4e1247a7f566a3997770162b9a7df51a.jpg5abbc4d751115_updatenew4.thumb.jpg.75c91c62a8fbbb110c1c57932a825dc6.jpg5abbc4d0a5743_updatenew2.thumb.jpg.ff24a2eb5c54415f020065424fd7f211.jpg5abbc4cd16b56_updatenew1.thumb.jpg.895c8271518b78faad1a0b3d5c9b5721.jpg

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Decided to do some 6k clay renders for my website, which i should really get around to sorting out! anyway you'll need to click a few times to zoom in but you get a nice close up of all the details 

tie_tes_render_6k_3_low_by_vector3d-dccn

tie_tes_render_6k_3front_low_by_vector3d

• Like 2

While not a current WIP, my first exercise to learn C4D sooo many years ago was to model the Death Star Reactor Chamber.  This was done way back with R9.

Chamber_AO.thumb.jpg.792e9da80f539b9280bd4e14689a9867.jpg5b16ac7425e13_FullTowerwithAO.thumb.jpg.81b0757fcffa1af987674e58a27b712b.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt with C4D using R9.   I owe it all to Nigel's blue airplane tutorial!!!!

Right now, I am more into Star Trek than Star Wars with my STIII Space Station WIP in full swing.  To be honest, I loved that world and only mildly winced during some of the more awkward moments of the prequel trilogy (sorry...Jar Jar Binks just didn't do it for me).  But with great love and affection, I overlooked some of the bad writing ("Are you saying love is blind?" -- ouch) and went to see every movie in the theaters when they came out.  They were events and needed to be seen in a movie house on the biggest screen you could find with full Dolby stereo blasting at you!

That all ended with The Last Jedi.    I will leave it there.  Please don't  convert this thread into a Disney SW bashing party. There are plenty of other sites out there on the web for that.  Rather, let us cling to the great memories from the late 70's and early 80's when we watched that saga unfold for the first time and sat amazed at it all. 

Dave

• Like 1

Vecs is keeping this thread alive at the moment, while I'm busy modelling a Roland SH09 at the moment so no Star Wars action from me just now. But here's an exciting Star Wars Tech Demo of the impending real-time raytracing in Unreal 4 to keep us all amused...

Shiny shiny reflections, much like we have in our R19 viewport :)

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 57 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

While not a current WIP, my first exercise to learn C4D sooo many years ago was to model the Death Star Reactor Chamber.  This was done way back with R9.

Chamber_AO.thumb.jpg.792e9da80f539b9280bd4e14689a9867.jpg5b16ac7425e13_FullTowerwithAO.thumb.jpg.81b0757fcffa1af987674e58a27b712b.jpg

Not bad for a first attempt with C4D using R9.   I owe it all to Nigel's blue airplane tutorial!!!!

Right now, I am more into Star Trek than Star Wars with my STIII Space Station WIP in full swing.  To be honest, I loved that world and only mildly winced during some of the more awkward moments of the prequel trilogy (sorry...Jar Jar Binks just didn't do it for me).  But with great love and affection, I overlooked some of the bad writing ("Are you saying love is blind?" -- ouch) and went to see every movie in the theaters when they came out.  They were events and needed to be seen in a movie house on the biggest screen you could find with full Dolby stereo blasting at you!

That all ended with The Last Jedi.    I will leave it there.  Please don't  convert this thread into a Disney SW bashing party. There are plenty of other sites out there on the web for that.  Rather, let us cling to the great memories from the late 70's and early 80's when we watched that saga unfold for the first time and sat amazed at it all. 

Dave

That's a nice model there Dave, funnily enough i actually liked the prequels, for all their flaws there was a lot of fun parts, the saber combat sequences especially, obi vs anakin in episode 3 was especially epic, of course duel of fates, the area on geonosis from episode 2, yoda vs sidious, yoda vs dooku etc, i think lucas did a good job of illustrating what the jedi where like in their prime, with the fineness of lightsaber combat, different styles etc. Pretty disappointed with the latest 2 efforts, and the ending of the last jedi made me want to smash my face through my glass desk, shame really, still a lot of fond memories, atleast we got to see darth vader in all his murderous glory at the end of rogue one, that was a fine starwars movie btw, this looks cool , and it's in london, well it was

On the modelling front i think it's time for a new hard surface model but not sure what.