ottie

Which Renderer for Animation?

Hello community, 

These last months I decided to train myself on the new render programs.

I knew Vray for 3dsmax but I quickly abandoned the idea of using it for C4d, too slow, too much flikering ...
So I need some advice to be able to render animations easily. The program must therefore be compatible with Rebus Farm in particular.

I was thinking of Arnold first, then Octane (i have a poor graphics card)...
Another thing, I'm working on an I7 2600 and a Quadro 4000 ...
Thanks for your precious advice.

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate titling...

Sounds like you already made up your mind, but on the off chance you didn't go with Cycles or Redshift.  They are the fastest with the best quality, though if you are looking for pure speed Redshift if about 4x faster than Cycles.  Redshift does need a Nvidia video card.  Cycles runs on gpu or cpu, also AMD graphics cards.  Cycles also can do baking and works perfect with xparticles.

• Topic Author
  • And redshift and animation? i´m working with complex architecture scenes, and need render object animation, people, cameras...

4 hours ago, ottie said:

And redshift and animation? i´m working with complex architecture scenes, and need render object animation, people, cameras...

redshift has no issue with that. renders animations just fine and flicker free with the right settings. there's also render farms that support redshift. btw, rebusfarm is one of the more expensive renderfarms, i would look around for something more reasonably priced. 

• Topic Author
  • Thanks everfresh, but mt question is if Redshift was the best render program for complex animation? 

I was looking at Rebus farm web and it still doesn´t work for C4D, just 3dsmax and Maya. 

I only found these webs but i have to confirm with us the plugins is working with C4D.

Have a good day

• Topic Author
  • I am not focussed on Rebus, like i said before, i was looking for another one, actually only these render farm are working with C4D and Redshift: https://www.findrenderfarm.com/product-category/c4d/?filter_renderengines=redshift

Thanks for your device, i´ll look for Arnold forum about animation.