everfresh

i did some baking today.

Ah man, that raspberry sauce stuff looks like it tastes amazing - I'm hungry now :)

Is the raspberry itself maybe a little too matte though ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ah man, that raspberry sauce stuff looks like it tastes amazing - I'm hungry now :)

Is the raspberry itself maybe a little too matte though ?

CBR

yeah i'm not totally happy with it, had it more glossy before, didn't look right either... maybe something in between. i might come back to it and try to get it more on spot.

edit: maybe i should also f*** it up a little, some subtile damage would probably help.

10 minutes ago, everfresh said:

i might come back to it and try to get it more on spot.

If you do want to revisit it, here's a really good piece on making raspberries. Although it uses Blender (and goes into modeling as well), the principle for how the materials are created is relatively straight forward to recreate in Redshift using the screenshots provided.

http://planetblender.com/howtomakeraspberries/

• Like 1

Very nice!

I would't eat the raspberry though....

Also the water isn't very convincing I think.

And maybe it's a matter of the but I would have put that (or a) raspberry on top of the cake.

Had a quick look at the Blender tutorial, makes me wonder why people keep spending insane amounts of money on programs like C4D etc.

(Yeah, I know, workflow blablabla :))

-W-

• Topic Author
  • gave the raspberry a little do-over. think it's much better now.

my wife just came in and surprised me with a real version of it! tasted almost exactly like i imagined it, in fact a little bit better :D

cake_single_post.jpg

IMG_4095.JPG

• Like 3

Great work!  I think the white part of the cake/pie could use some SSS and be a little off-white to make it feel creamy and less plastic.  The raspberry is getting better, but I think the model itself is not quite right.  That Blender tutorial looks pretty great.
    I also agree with @Wouter that the raspberry should be on top.  The composition and focal plane are a bit muddled right now.  I love that crust, but it feels like the pie is facing away from me too much.  Composition stuff is pretty subjective, though, so take it with a grain of salt (or sugar, haha).