Sign in to follow this  
ghita

shower effect with Realflow

Hi,

I just purchased Realflow C4D 2.0 for liquid simulation.

I'm currently working on a scene where hundreds of droplets are dripping through a perforated plate. 

I'm not too sure on how to achieve the desired effect.

I thought of simply giving a realflow collider tag to the perforated plate but the liquid only collides with the plane and doesn't drip through the holes.

Alternatively I thought I could clone the liquid with Mograph, but I don't know if this way the calculation would be too big... 

Would anyone be able to recommend the best way around it?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi

for such as case it is not necessary to actually provide a "physical" barrier for the liquid  as the perforated plate (unless your camera travels through the holes or something like that). At least in the standalone version of RealFlow I would do this  with a texture emitter. This texture needs to be pure black/white . I assume that such a mechanism also exists in RFC4D(?). 

The emission then happens in form of the pattern  https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0x0srexpm938uk/Screenshot 2017-11-29 19.07.42.jpg?dl=0

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, ZChristian said:

Hi

for such as case it is not necessary to actually provide a "physical" barrier for the liquid  as the perforated plate (unless your camera travels through the holes or something like that). At least in the standalone version of RealFlow I would do this  with a texture emitter. This texture needs to be pure black/white . I assume that such a mechanism also exists in RFC4D(?). 

The emission then happens in form of the pattern  https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0x0srexpm938uk/Screenshot 2017-11-29 19.07.42.jpg?dl=0

Thank you for the advice, 

I'm going to have a look into it! 

I just started using RFC4D and yes, texture emitter exists here as well. You probably have to adapt the size of the gizmo that represents the texture emitter (as on the screenshot, to the size of the plane). Then, drag a black-white bitmap from the slot in a texture to the bitmap field of the texture emitter. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcts5tqjx5niyow/using_texture_emitter_RFC4D.jpg?dl=0

• Topic Author
  • On 03/02/2018 at 5:59 PM, ZChristian said:

I just started using RFC4D and yes, texture emitter exists here as well. You probably have to adapt the size of the gizmo that represents the texture emitter (as on the screenshot, to the size of the plane). Then, drag a black-white bitmap from the slot in a texture to the bitmap field of the texture emitter. 

THANKS A LOT!!

greatly helpful! 

• Topic Author
  • On 03/02/2018 at 5:59 PM, ZChristian said:

23 hours ago, ghita said:

You probably have to adapt the size of the gizmo that represents the texture emitter

Apologies for the maybe silly question, but what is a gizmo, and how could I adapt its size?

I tried doing as you adviced and I managed to get the liquid to flow from lots of circles but both the overall size of the fluid and shape of the emitter are wrong ( I would like for the emitter to be round...

Attached is a screenshot to better explain.

5a79ef3b9beb0_imageemitter.thumb.PNG.45f50b56339fd1d0faa5fc4feb916ef4.PNG

Thank you very much  again!

Hi, Gizmo in general is the white or other colours  outlin and the axis handles you see when you Scale ,Rotate, or move an object .

using_texture_emitter_RFC4D.jpg

an old topic, but perhaps still someone listening in...

somehow i don't seem to be able to drag a material into the texture of an emitter. any ideas why?

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 23.50.35.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 23.51.18.png