Keyframes are gone(tried automatic mode)

TonyTsao

Currently I have a scene with lots of things animated.
When I open my timeline , it's totally blank . All the stuffs are still animated though.
Even if I toggled the automatic mode , nothing happens

The strange thing is , I created a new scene and animated a cube from left to right. I can see the keyframes in the timeline.
Has anyone bumped in to this problem before? Please help me out , thanks.

CINEMA 4D_2018-02-05_11-54-02.png

You need to check your other view options as well since most settings are designed to limit what appears in the Timeline. For example, "View > Link > Link TL/OM Selection" means that only objects you highlight in the Object Manager will appear in the timeline. If this is set, then when you open your existing scene and DON'T highlight an object in the Object Manager, you'll see nothing in the Timeline. But when you start a new scene and add a cube, that cube is automatically selected in the OM, so any animated properties will automatically appear in the Timeline. 

2 hours ago, DeCarlo said:

For example, "View > Link > Link TL/OM Selection" means that only objects you highlight in the Object Manager will appear in the timeline. If this is set, then when you open your existing scene and DON'T highlight an object in the Object Manager, you'll see nothing in the Timeline.

This is not correct. Link TL/OM Selection option automatically highlights in the Timeline what you have highlighted in the Objects Manager.

The option that does what you've suggested is View>Link>Link View to Object Manager. If Link View to Object Manager is on, then only what you have highlighted in the Objects Manager will be shown in the timeline.

If you use Default Bookmarks as I suggested, all items that are keyframed will automatically appear in the Timeline Panel and anything you have highlighted in the Objects Manager will be highlighted in the Timeline panel.

50 minutes ago, ABMotion said:

The option that does what you've suggested is View>Link>Link View to Object Manager. If Link View to Object Manager is on, then only what you have highlighted in the Objects Manager will be shown in the timeline.

Oops!  Mixed those two in my head. 

I've never noticed the Timeline Bookmarks before. I'm going to have to check that out!