Instance different objects onto Hair

Hey Guys, I just ran into a problem:

I'm creating a guy made out of pencils with a cloner and rigid bodies, something like this:

pencilguy.thumb.jpg.74c81963094f082b90e60bf139a896d1.jpg

Everything good until here, that's when the client requested the pencils not to be randomly placed, instead to follow a hair-like structure.

Then I used hair, achieving something more like this:

pencilboy0371.thumb.jpg.cd2f8ac33c84c7909e9902b7ad464d50.jpg

Alright, the problem comes when I instance my pencil onto this hair, I get always the same pencil.

Does anyone know how I can instance different objects randomly onto this hair, or at least assign randomly different textures to this instances?

Thank you beforehand guys!

Er... no. Hair instancing is rather more basic than instancing found elsewhere in the program.... for example I am not aware of any way to change the colour or use more than one instanced object as hair. I'll let you know if I think of any way around that, but it's not leaping to mind at the moment :/

CBR

Hey Cerbera, thank you for taking time to think about it, I just found the solution in the help documentation.

It's as easy as making all objects children of the instanced object, and choosing "Random" in the hierarchy drop-down.

:Bang:

7 minutes ago, Ivanpais said:

Hey Cerbera, thank you for taking time to think about it, I just found the solution in the help documentation.

It's as easy as making all objects children of the instanced object, and choosing "Random" in the hierarchy drop-down.

:Bang:

Bang indeed ! I did not know about that ! Thanks for posting the answer :) Awesome !

CBR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...