Jump to content
  • “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

Cerbera's Rockin' GIF Tips

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

There are other ways of course that are more precise. Stitch'n'Sew, center slice and weld is a more defined way to quad cap things.

I like it, so they don't nessecarily have to be of a uniform size, i guess that depends what you are gonna do with em afterwards. Weather or not displacing etc. I do a lot of displacing :)

Deck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, deck said:

    I like it, so they don't nessecarily have to be of a uniform size, i guess that depends what you are gonna do with em afterwards. Weather or not displacing etc. I do a lot of displacing :)

    Deck

    Ah yes if displacement is in your plans, then absolute polygon regularity is god, so that second way would be rubbish for that :)

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • Hey Cafe

     

    OK - this one should be slower ! And only the 30 steps to get through :)

     

    Here's an interesting one. One of my favourite modellers in the world is Arrimus on YouTube. He does video requests over there, and recently showed how he'd make this Art Deco Spiral Staircase in 3DS Max. So props to him for inspiration ! 

     

    Arty-staircase.thumb.jpg.133ff29771a07165b1ed5c55b1e66b10.jpg

     

    Now, we don't have sexy Max tools like 'generate topology' that he used, so we have to go a different way. In R19, that's very easy now, and this alternative C4D method is 'almost' entirely procedural (and with a few changes would be 100% so !) so retains key advantages over the Max equivalent. So you will need R19 for this, but if you have that, let's get in there, and start with some splines...

     

    Art_Deco_Stairs.thumb.gif.9a1a0b672d0faf612a09a75f6b344cf8.gif

     

    CBR

     

    PS I expect a bollocking from @VECTOR about this one, but trying to preserve quads on a Voronoi fracture is a fart in a hurricane, so that's my excuse ;)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thanks @Cerbera for posting these. Awesome thread happening!

     

    For anyone who thinks the GIFs are too fast or you'd like to study a specific frame, download the GIF and watch with a video player capable of viewing GIFs. I use Potplayer (Windows only). It allows pausing and frame by frame as required.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

    Hey Cafe

     

    OK - this one should be slower ! And only the 30 steps to get through :)

     

    Here's an interesting one. One of my favourite modellers in the world is Arrimus on YouTube. He does video requests over there, and recently showed how he'd make this Art Deco Spiral Staircase in 3DS Max. So props to him for inspiration ! 

     

    Arty-staircase.thumb.jpg.133ff29771a07165b1ed5c55b1e66b10.jpg

     

    Now, we don't have sexy Max tools like 'generate topology' that he used, so we have to go a different way. In R19, that's very easy now, and this alternative C4D method is 'almost' entirely procedural (and with a few changes would be 100% so !) so retains key advantages over the Max equivalent. So you will need R19 for this, but if you have that, let's get in there, and start with some splines...

     

    Art_Deco_Stairs.thumb.gif.9a1a0b672d0faf612a09a75f6b344cf8.gif

     

    CBR

     

    PS I expect a bollocking from @VECTOR about this one, but trying to preserve quads on a Voronoi fracture is a fart in a hurricane, so that's my excuse ;)

    Utter disgrace, bow one's head in shame! 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Back in the days withou HB tools, I did my caps like this.

     

    Best case scenario, you have similar size quads on your caps. HB bundle handles this perfectly.

    cap.jpg


    FVFX - 3D modelling | Shading | Lighting | Compositing

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, westbam said:

    I didn't even know there was such a thing as Spin Edge, never seen it in any tutorials, so yes, thank you!

    That makes Two of us... Some great tips Jay keep em coming :signthankspin:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Twizzle said:

    keep em coming :signthankspin:

     

    You're welcome. Go on then, here's another couple on panelling...

     

    Let's start with the basics of SDS panelwork, part 1...

     

    5a81a7379edbd_SDSPanels1.thumb.gif.6e9e81814af9874f876e77ef8b77051d.gif

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • ...and here's another, even easier way to make more alien style greebly wotsits, in SDS panelling part 2...

     

    5a81a7eec7504_SDSPanels2.thumb.gif.49a4bf8bc9fd0e201b33c32ed5942472.gif

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, MJohnny said:

    Back in the days withou HB tools, I did my caps like this.

     

    Best case scenario, you have similar size quads on your caps. HB bundle handles this perfectly.

    cap.jpg

    except like this you're left with a big fat pole in the centre, you can just make the cap into a grid like format

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

    except like this you're left with a big fat pole in the centre, you can just make the cap into a grid like format

    ...although technically that doesn't matter on a flat surface unless you are us ;)

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

    ...although technically that doesn't matter on a flat surface unless you are us ;)

     

    CBR

    shhhh..!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • BLOGS / NEWS & SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

    About Us

    C4D Cafe is the largest Cinema 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favourite software.
    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, watch tutorials directly from our video gallery,  get your own private messenger, post and upload images, manage your profile and much more. If you need to find solution to your problem or otherwise ask for help, C4D Cafe is the right place to be for learning 3D.  :cowboypistol:

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...