Cerbera's Rockin' GIF Tips

CBR you are so awesome to do this and  have this out there to help people, this really makes me miss C4D. Also the "easy" way to get things done in C4D and the fantastic people here. Houdini is fun and the modeling is starting to come around  to me but it really isn't a modeler per se, that isn't its strength, modeling can be done but it takes a lot more effort to do something simple which you can do in C4D with a few clicks.

4 hours ago, bobc4d said:

CBR you are so awesome to do this and  have this out there to help people, this really makes me miss C4D. Also the "easy" way to get things done in C4D and the fantastic people here. Houdini is fun and the modeling is starting to come around  to me but it really isn't a modeler per se, that isn't its strength, modeling can be done but it takes a lot more effort to do something simple which you can do in C4D with a few clicks.

Maybe we can temp you back from the dark side?

My Gif Tips are like buses. nothing for ages, then 2 rock up at once.

Today, we're modelling Corinthian Columns in this 2 part extravaganza, and we're doing it properly.

First we'll do the main columns with lovely SDS poly modelling...

Corinthian_Columns_1.thumb.gif.4120119e9702dbf1a9c8e0757435aee4.gif

So enjoy that... part 2 next.

CBR

• Igor pinned and featured this topic

here is what I have so far, close up of the column grooves and columns Houdini nodes.  some things translated like the dissolve, others took some figuring and help from Houdini users.  as I said before, you can model in Houdini but what you can do with a few clicks in C4D, takes more effort in Houdini.

column closeup.jpg

column nodes.jpg

• Igor unfeatured this topic
  • Igor featured and unpinned this topic