Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

InProgress

Axis tool is being one.

InProgress    0

Hello Everyone,

My axis tool seems to cop an attitude, and will on occasion, stop working.  This is something that has just started happening and I'm at a complete loss as to why it happens. It's extremely frustrating when you're moving right along and all of a sudden, you can't move a selected point or an object. I've attached two snapshots for a visual. 

I had just resized this rectangle using the size tool, without a problem. I selected a point to move and now it doesn't work. I can no longer resize or move it, as a part or as a whole.  Of the four things in my objects window, only one is now controllable.  I am very confused.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Cerbera    1,973

Don't be worried, annoyed or confused - you have fallen into one of the most common 'traps' that new users face :)

You have accidentally activated Axis mode, probably while you tried to do K,L for the loop cut tool. 'L' activates this mode, as shown by the little blue Axis icon underneath the one for polygon mode. And pressing L again will fix it.

CBR 

• Like 1

InProgress    0
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you for your quick response Cerbera. 

I was aware of the "Enable Axis" palette but, was unaware that I could freely grab a point and move it without the presence of the X, Y and Z axis handles. I've been using C4D for about a year now and have always had those handles present when I move an object.  With that being said, I now have a couple more questions. If you don't mind, that is. I just clicked on the same point, that was in the snapshot, and can now move the point but, the aforementioned handles weren't present. I clicked on the point again and viola, the handles appeared. Does that sound glitchy to you or have I been smoking crack for the last year and this is how it has always worked? I'm accustomed to seeing the handles and had never thought that you could move anything without their presence. I know that I can click on a point and move it freely in the viewport but, I positive that the handles were always there. I hope that makes sense and you see my confusion?

ABMotion    238

I am not totally sure what you're referring when you say handles are appearing and disappearing, but you can toggle the Axis handles visibility using Alt(Opt)+D...does that resolve the issue?

• Like 1

InProgress    0
  • Topic Author
  • Hey ABMotion, 

I was referring to the Axis handles. Thanks for the Alt + D shortcut, I'll be sure and use it when the issue rears its ugly head again.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers